Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
Aggrajag
Aggrajag can extract oil from cheeseAggrajag can extract oil from cheeseAggrajag can extract oil from cheeseAggrajag can extract oil from cheeseAggrajag can extract oil from cheeseAggrajag can extract oil from cheeseAggrajag can extract oil from cheeseAggrajag can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Tiny Suggestion

I'm not sure where to post this, or email, as I can't seem to find any links but I have a tiny suggestion for the most excellent Calibre software...

Can you make it so left-clicking the tray icon restores the software? Many programs do this by design.

Like I say, it's only minor, but it would be nice.

Thanks for your work. (I am a contributor.)
Aggrajag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:16 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrajag View Post
Can you make it so left-clicking the tray icon restores the software? Many programs do this by design.
So does Calibre, the Windows version at least.
mbovenka is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #3
Aggrajag
Aggrajag can extract oil from cheeseAggrajag can extract oil from cheeseAggrajag can extract oil from cheeseAggrajag can extract oil from cheeseAggrajag can extract oil from cheeseAggrajag can extract oil from cheeseAggrajag can extract oil from cheeseAggrajag can extract oil from cheese

hmmm, it doesn't on my copies running on Windows XP (work) and 7 (home). I can right-click and choose Restore but left-click and double-left-click do nothing.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
hmmm, it doesn't on my copies running on Windows XP (work) and 7 (home). I can right-click and choose Restore but left-click and double-left-click do nothing.
I run XP at home and Windows 7 at work and a simple left click restores calibre to its previous open Window as it has always done.

Don't know what to suggest.

What version are you running? Are you running the exact same copy from home and work via dropbox or a usb drive?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:58 AM   #5
Aggrajag

I had an older version at home (Win7) but I no longer use that as I decided to store my library at work (Win XP). My work version is the newest (I believe): 0.8.23.
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 10:02 AM   #6
Aggrajag

Scratch that suggestion!

Prompted by the comments showing that it actually DOES do what I suggested I've realised that another tray item (TaskBar Shuffle) is actually stopping it working. When I close TaskBar Shuffle the click does indeed work.

Mighty annoying as I quite like TaskBar Shuffle - it lets me drag programs around in the task bar plus also allows me to middle-click to close programs.

Decisions....

Thanks all.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:51 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Scratch that suggestion!

Prompted by the comments showing that it actually DOES do what I suggested I've realised that another tray item (TaskBar Shuffle) is actually stopping it working. When I close TaskBar Shuffle the click does indeed work.

Mighty annoying as I quite like TaskBar Shuffle - it lets me drag programs around in the task bar plus also allows me to middle-click to close programs.

Decisions....

Thanks all.
Ya just gotta love those program interactions
Glad you figured it out (And reported back what you found to save others time in the future).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote