Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-11-2022, 01:55 AM   #11626
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
A husband and wife are watching a movie about a widower struggling to raise children alone.

The wife turns to her husband and says, "If I die, I want you to remarry, so the kids will have a mother."

He says, "Yeah, I guess that would be best."

She gets mad at his lack of loyalty. "Just like that, huh? You'd just replace me."

"You brought it up. It was your idea. Besides, you're right, it would be better for the kids."

"Not a moment's hesitation. You'd just bring someone home to sleep in our bed."

"What's wrong with our bed? You're getting mad over nothing."

"Nothing? You'd give her my car to drive, wouldn't you?"

"Honey, you're being silly. You're not going to die, and even if you did, God forbid, what difference would it make what happens to your car?"

"I bet you'd even let her use my golf clubs."

"Oh, no. She's left handed."
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 05:29 AM   #11627
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
A young lady came home from a date, rather sad. She told her mother, "Jeff proposed to me an hour ago."

"Then why are you so sad?" her mother asked.

"Because he also told me he was an atheist. Mom, he doesn't even believe there's a hell."

Her mother replied, "Marry him anyway. Between the two of us, we'll show him how wrong he is."
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 05:56 AM   #11628
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Every year I like to hide a dozen Easter Eggs in the house for the grand children.

This year my wife said "No Way" until I find the two unaccounted for eggs from last year.
Old 04-17-2022, 02:17 PM   #11629
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
Every year I like to hide a dozen Easter Eggs in the house for the grand children.

This year my wife said "No Way" until I find the two unaccounted for eggs from last year.
Been there, done that with my kids.
Old 04-17-2022, 08:29 PM   #11630
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Been there, done that with my kids.
Same here.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 06:08 AM   #11631
drjd
The Couch Potato

Q. How does a man show he's planning for the future?

A. He buys two cases of beer instead of one.
Old 04-24-2022, 10:37 PM   #11632
DNSB
Bibliophagist

"Where are we going?"
"Alcohol."
"Alcohol's not a place."
"It's a destination."
Old 04-25-2022, 06:12 AM   #11633
drjd
The Couch Potato

What is the difference between an Irish wedding and an Irish funeral?

One less drunk.
Old 04-25-2022, 09:43 PM   #11634
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Two Irishmen were working in the public works department. One would dig a hole and the other would follow behind him and fill the hole in.

After a while, one amazed onlooker said: "Why do you dig a hole, only to have your partner follow behind and fill it up again?"

The hole digger wiped his brow and sighed, "Well, I suppose it probably looks odd because we're normally a three-person team. But today the lad who plants the trees called in sick."
Old 04-28-2022, 05:14 AM   #11635
drjd
The Couch Potato

A German asks a Mexican if they have any Jews in Mexico.

The Mexican says, “Sí, we have orange jews, apple jews, and grape jews!”
Old 04-28-2022, 01:00 PM   #11636
DNSB
Bibliophagist

How did the Irish Jig get started?

Too much Guinness and not enough bathrooms!
Old 04-30-2022, 07:19 AM   #11637
drjd
The Couch Potato

An Irishman goes into the confessional box...
An Irishman goes into the confessional box after years of being away from the Church.

There's a fully equipped bar with Guinness on tap.

On the other wall is a dazzling array of the finest cigars and chocolates.

Then the priest comes in.

"Father, forgive me, for it's been a very long time since I've been to confession, but I must first admit that the confessional box is much more inviting than it used to be."

The priest replies: "Get out. You're on my side."
Old 05-11-2022, 07:31 AM   #11638
drjd
The Couch Potato

Kids' conversation overheard:

"What does your mother do for a headache?"

"She sends me out to play."
Old 05-11-2022, 02:35 PM   #11639
DNSB
Bibliophagist

I've decided on cremation. It's my last chance for a smoking hot body.
Old 05-12-2022, 01:46 AM   #11640
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
How did the Irish Jig get started?

Too much Guinness and not enough bathrooms!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote