Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-03-2007, 12:30 AM   #1
DarkOrbz
DarkOrbz began at the beginning.

Lost CONNECT Reader Software

Anyone have a copy of the CONNECT Reader software? I had to reformat my computer so I don't have the connect software anymore (as well as the CD). I'll need a copy so I can use up my $50 in books.

I also tried buying books online through Sony's website, but it doesn't seem to allow that. Or if anyone knows a place on Sony's website where I can download this, please let me know.

Thanks!!!
DarkOrbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:22 AM   #2
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
I'm not sure of anywhere to download it. I would try to give Sony a call and see what they say as options for you. From their support page:

Quote:
You can contact us via email or call us at 866-919-7669. Our hours of phone support are 9AM to 8PM ET, Monday through Friday, and from 10AM to 3PM ET Saturday and Sunday.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2007, 10:49 AM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Try this thread, post #5.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:37 PM   #4
Yaholo
Gadget Addict
Yaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it isYaholo knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, PPC-6700
It is very strange that Sony does not offer this download from the support section for the Reader. Just another blow for their reputation of excellent (*cough*) customer service.
Yaholo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:17 AM   #5
DarkOrbz
DarkOrbz began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Try this thread, post #5.
Thank you NatCh!! That worked! You just saved me $50 =D
DarkOrbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2007, 11:16 AM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I just pointed it out, DarkOrbz -- MobileReader each is the one you should really thank.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:37 PM   #7
tuktuk
tuktuk began at the beginning.

Device: Zaurus
The link above no longer works. Could somebody repost please?

Below is my Sony-bashing post. Not necessary to read but I need it to vent my emotions somewhere.

I misplaced my software disk and thought it is no biggie. For most my computers/laptops, electronics, I have been able to download drivers/software before. So, this should be a piece of cake to go to Sony site and get what I need...

Nope!

I discovered that Sony is one of those no-brand cheapo companies that (have their products explode, put rootkits, viruses and spyware in their products, stick their Media Stick down your throat (Reader is a welcome exception), do not support their products and) do not have their software for download (for comparison, just look at IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad support - you can download drivers/software for their laptops that are in history museums).

I chatted with Keith, Sony's online support representative. He apologies for "inconvenience" and said that I can only purchase a disk for about $20 at http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/web...&itemID=631126

Is that their plan to plug holes in their bottom line after the rootkit settlement and the battery recall fiascos by charging $20 for something that should be on their site for free? Somebody posted here that they want almost $300 (?) for fixing the screen on the Reader. So, they are milking their customers for all they can get.

What has become of Sony?!

Last edited by tuktuk; 01-12-2007 at 04:45 PM.
tuktuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:39 AM   #8
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
@tuktuk: try this link
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:01 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuktuk
Somebody posted here that they want almost $300 (?) for fixing the screen on the Reader. So, they are milking their customers for all they can get.
The screen probably does account for the overwhelming majority of the cost of a Reader, just as it does for a notebook PC. No company is going to fix under warranty a fault which they regard as being due to physical abuse of the product rather than a "natural" breakage. If one has home insurance which covers "accidental damage", one may well be able to claim this type of cost back under that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:44 PM   #10
tuktuk
tuktuk began at the beginning.

Device: Zaurus
Thank you, TadW. You saved my day. I love reader. I just was upset with the Sony's approach.
tuktuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:42 PM   #11
mommommary
mommommary began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500
hello to 'Lost CONNECT Reader software'

I just started using a new laptop with Vista and didn't have the software for my PRS500 (Sony). I Googled "connect reader software" and when the results were shown, I chose the first one (eLibrary...). And it worked. This was the easier then going through the manufacturer's website. And that list of results was where I saw your post, so now I'm registered.

I hope your luck is as good as mine was this evening.
mommommary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:06 AM   #12
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Just to be sure, the current link from the eBookStore 'Download' page is to V2.0.00.07200
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote