Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-24-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
grechzoo
Enthusiast
grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 or Sony PRS
Anyone have the mad ship by robin hobb?

Just bought the whole liveship trilogy on my kindle and in the mad ship (book two) the prolgue is placed after chapter one. However on the table of contents the prologue is naturally placed before chapter one.

Just wondering if anyone can confirm this problem? When I choose the prologue is moves to it fine but it is then followed by chapter two as the first chapter is placed before it.

Is this how it is in the real version of the book or is it an error. And is there an easy way to fox with so ething like calves or something. Or will the amazon format stop this from being possible?

Hope you can advise , thanks a loT
grechzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Looks like they messed up when creating the ebook, I downloaded the sample and it has the same problem you mention. The pbook has things in the proper order (prologue first).

To fix it yourself you'd have to remove the DRM first.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 11:07 PM   #3
grechzoo
Enthusiast
grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 or Sony PRS
That sucks. I have emailed. Amazon anyway.asked if they could correct it otherwise I will get a refund buy an epub version and correct it myself if the error is still there
grechzoo is offline   Reply With Quote