Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-28-2010, 11:03 AM   #106
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp View Post
Lines in your EPUB file (attached to this thread) are not wrapped correctly when viewed in ADE and Sony Reader. But Mobipocket Reader, FBReader, and EPUBReader display them correctly. Firefox and Internet Explorer also display the HTML file from your EPUB correctly.

All this has nothing to do with font embedding. It seems that ADE has problems with rendering Thai texts.
Thanks, it really displays fine in FBreader!. Will ADE be improved in the near future?
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:58 AM   #107
awp
Addict
awp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I suppose this question should rather be directed to the ADE team.
awp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2010, 08:48 AM   #108
Chang
Connoisseur
Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
I tried this editor and I have few questions and comments. I'm sorry if these have been answered already but because I read this thread quickly, I didn't find answers for these questions.

I open my MS Word file with Atlantis and my document contains many paragraph styles already. Is there a way to select all unused styles (like in InDesign) so I could see which styles are used in the document? I would like to get rid off all the unused styles.

All the style names in CSS file are just p1, p2 and so on. Is there a way to get the original paragraph style names into CSS file when exporting as an epub? I have styled the whole text with different describing paragraph style names and it would be nice if the same names are used in CSS file. Would be easier to edit style "bodytype" instead of first finding which p# corresponds to my "bodytype" style.

Does Atlantis support character styles? All the italics and bolds are made with <i></i> and <b></b> tags but it would be nice to have more control in that. For example, if I want to have italic text inside a paragraph with 3 different font sizes. Would be easy to control them with different character styles.

Also, the epub file is shown differently in ADE and Azardi. I didn't try in any ebook reader device yet but is it Atlantis' problem or reading systems' problem?

Anyway, a really nice software and keep up the good work! I'll follow its development because it seems to be a promising software for creating ebooks smoothly and easily.
Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:25 PM   #109
awp
Addict
awp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chang View Post
I open my MS Word file with Atlantis and my document contains many paragraph styles already. Is there a way to select all unused styles (like in InDesign) so I could see which styles are used in the document? I would like to get rid off all the unused styles.
There is no one-mouse-click command to delete all unused styles. But you could check the document styles one-by-one in the following way:

1) Press F6 or click the corresponding toolbar button in Atlantis if its Control Board is not displaying, and switch to the Styles panel of the Atlantis Control Board.

2) Click a style of interest.

3) Click the "Select paragraphs associated with highlighted style" button at the bottom of the Styles panel.

If the current style is unused in the document, Atlantis will display the corresponding message. You could remove the current style by clicking the corresponding button at the bottom of the Styles panel.

Please see the attached screen capture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	atlantis_styles_panel.gif
Views:	460
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	44543  

Last edited by awp; 01-31-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:52 PM   #110
awp
Addict

Quote:
All the style names in CSS file are just p1, p2 and so on. Is there a way to get the original paragraph style names into CSS file when exporting as an epub? I have styled the whole text with different describing paragraph style names and it would be nice if the same names are used in CSS file. Would be easier to edit style "bodytype" instead of first finding which p# corresponds to my "bodytype" style.
Sorry, but this would not possible. Atlantis does not save the stylesheet of the source document to EPUB. It saves the actual paragraph formatting used in the document. Your entire document might be associated with the same "Normal" style, but each paragraph can have its "personal" paragraph formatting applied through direct formatting commands.

Quote:
Does Atlantis support character styles? All the italics and bolds are made with <i></i> and <b></b> tags but it would be nice to have more control in that. For example, if I want to have italic text inside a paragraph with 3 different font sizes. Would be easy to control them with different character styles.
The <b> and <i> elements are allowed in EPUB XHTMLs. Atlantis uses them in EPUB XHTMLs because they allow to produce more compact XHTMLs.

The present version of Atlantis does not support character styles (if you mean the character styles as found in MS Word). But you do not need to have them in your source document in order to control the look of the final EPUB. Just format your document visually in the desired way. Atlantis will transfer the formatting to the EPUB in the best possible way. If you want to have italic text inside a paragraph with 3 different font sizes, just format the paragraph in your source document correspondingly (use the commands of Atlantis to apply "italic" and "font size" to the required fragments of your document).

Quote:
Also, the epub file is shown differently in ADE and Azardi. I didn't try in any ebook reader device yet but is it Atlantis' problem or reading systems' problem?
Sorry, I cannot comment on the EPUB display in Azardi. You could test your EPUBs in major EPUB readers (Sony Reader, Mobipocket Reader, etc). Any proper EPUB file should also pass the EPUB validation test.
Advert
Old 01-30-2010, 05:05 AM   #111
nohuhu
nohuhu began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp View Post
Actually it is just a coincidence that many posts in the Atlantis Word Processor Blog are about its "Save as eBook" feature.
OK, got that. Atlantis just isn't what I need. Thanks for replies.
nohuhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:55 AM   #112
awp
Addict

By the way, Atlantis Word Processor 1.6.5 with all the eBook-related features and improvements mentioned in this thread, has been released as a public version. If you are using the beta version of Atlantis, you can upgrade to the latest public version through the "Help | Check for Updates..." menu command of Atlantis, or by running the latest setup file of Atlantis.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:42 AM   #113
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
I just downloaded the demo, opened one of my doc files and wanted to resave as epub but epub was not an option to save as...
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:52 AM   #114
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Ok, scratch that, I did get it to work. I realized I saved it incorrectly. But now it only saved half the document... I had this problem with calibre too.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:52 PM   #115
awp
Addict

Could you please send your DOC file to support@AtlantisWordProcessor.com, or attach it to your forum post? If your DOC file contains sensitive information, could you please compose a test document that is not converted to EPUB correctly?
Old 02-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #116
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
Ok, scratch that, I did get it to work. I realized I saved it incorrectly. But now it only saved half the document... I had this problem with calibre too.
What type of document is it?

Does it stop at the same place every time? It might be a character or something in the document that the program doesnt recognize, I had this happen to me a while ago with an html file, try deleting the word/characters where it stops to see if that helps you.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #117
awp
Addict

I suppose Laura has already managed to solve this problem:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71962
Old 02-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #118
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
awp - Thank you for providing support, guidance and updates on AWP.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #119
awp
Addict

The latest beta version of Atlantis Word Processor (version 1.6.5.1) has a new Draft view mode. Under this view mode, documents look much closer to the published eBooks than they do under the Print Layout view mode. EPUB is a reflowable eBook format. The Draft view mode in Atlantis is also reflowable. Those who design eBooks in Atlantis Word Processor, will probably like this Draft mode.

You can always download the latest beta version of Atlantis Word Processor from this page:

http://www.AtlantisWordProcessor.com/en/beta
Old 02-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #120
awp
Addict

By the way, it seems that ADE/Sony eReader have problems with displaying PNG images with a 4-bit color palette. If you include the attached "img1.png" in an EPUB (attached "4-bit PNG.epub"), it would not display correctly by ADE and Sony eReader. Atlantis Word Processor does not save 4-bit PNGs to EPUBs. But it is still a strange limitation (bug?) of ADE.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img1.png
Views:	465
Size:	1.4 KB
ID:	45692  
Attached Files
File Type: epub 4-bit PNG.epub (3.4 KB, 423 views)

Tags
ebook, epub