Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-21-2009, 03:52 AM   #1
erika@
erika@ began at the beginning.

Device: sony ereader PRS 505
Angry Frozen sony prs 505

Hi got a sony prs 505 and it is frozen TOTALLY battery ran out at T time, screen froze, had it on charge over night, still frozen, wont re set, isnt recognised by computer when connected -- HELP where do I go from here. Erika X
erika@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:08 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hi, erika@ and welcome to MobileRead.

First, some more information please.

Did you charge it using a wall charger or USB to the computer?

Also, I did a search and came up with the below results...

edit: link didn't work

new link to try for information: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49735

As you will notice from the various answers in the "frozen threads", when the battery is totally dead it seems to require a full, long charge - usually quicker with a wall charger (Sony or a PSP charger).
Then various reset and / hold button / etc options can be tried if needed. But, the full charge must be first.

I hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Last edited by dreams; 12-24-2009 at 03:08 AM. Reason: link didn't work
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2009, 05:32 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi erika@ and welcome to MobileRead. Sound advice there from dreams. Be sure and let us know how it works
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:33 AM   #4
erika@
erika@ began at the beginning.

Device: sony ereader PRS 505
Hiya, thank you SO much to all who took the time to answer. I did as you said and plugged it into the computer all day and it worked! it re set and I enjoyed some more patricia cornwell last night.Can I just say what a great forum this is. ive written in others and no one has ever answered. Cheers
Erika x
erika@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:19 AM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Yea!!! Glad that you got your "baby" up and running again! Now, go read like mad and don't let the battery get below 2 bars again

P.S. I use a wall charger for recharging when I am at 2 bars so that I don't have to wait too long to read again.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2009, 04:37 AM   #6
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
and you can always read while it charges while using a wall/PSP charger too
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote