Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
JoanneM
JoanneM began at the beginning.

Device: noone
element 'a' is not allowed for content model div

I'm getting this error in my epub:

element 'a' is not allowed for content model '(p|h1|h2|h3|h4|h5|h6|div|ul|ol|dl|pre|hr|blockquo te|address|fieldset|table|switch|form|noscript|ins |del|script)'

in cases where I've got:

<div>Words words <a href="#link">link</a> words <a href="#anotherlink">anotherlink</a> words.</div>

How do I fix this? Thanks!
JoanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneM View Post
I'm getting this error in my epub:

element 'a' is not allowed for content model '(p|h1|h2|h3|h4|h5|h6|div|ul|ol|dl|pre|hr|blockquo te|address|fieldset|table|switch|form|noscript|ins |del|script)'

in cases where I've got:

<div>Words words <a href="#link">link</a> words <a href="#anotherlink">anotherlink</a> words.</div>

How do I fix this? Thanks!
change <div> to <p>. Div should only be used as a last resort.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 05:08 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I've never had any problem using <a> inside <div>, and the books validated fine. Has this changed lately?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
JoanneM

I've changed all the <div>s to <p>s... and am still getting the error:

Flightcrew says the error is at line 2873, which is the second-to-last line of my html document and just says:
</body>

I don't understand how it could be a problem to have <a> inside <p>. Here are some the ways I've done that:

<p class="toc"><a href="#ch1">Chapter One</a></p>

and

<p class="fiction">In 2001, she quit her job as the Executive Assistant of the <a href="http://writers.ns.ca/">Writers' Federation of Nova Scotia</a> to travel Canada by train, and then parts of the Northeastern and Southern United States.</p>

How could those be wrong? V. confused. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Flightcrew reports the last line (of resort) when it runs into a error like this.
Something before did not close properly. Usually <blockquotes> without containing <p> or Naked <br /> (must be inside a tag pair).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 04:22 AM   #6
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Are you sure you closed everything correctly in the right order? If you are able to post the part that gives the issue, we might find out. I am convinced it is trivial.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:12 PM   #7
JoanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Flightcrew reports the last line (of resort) when it runs into a error like this.
Something before did not close properly. Usually <blockquotes> without containing <p> or Naked <br /> (must be inside a tag pair).
That was exactly the problem - thanks!

Tags
epub, flightcrew