Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 01:49 AM   #1
Keltari
Keltari began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
library via network share

I was thinking of moving my Calibre library to a network drive and accessing it via different machines/OSs. Will I run into any conflicts?
Keltari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:52 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltari View Post
I was thinking of moving my Calibre library to a network drive and accessing it via different machines/OSs. Will I run into any conflicts?
As long as you access the library via one instance of calibre at a time you should be fine. If you start trying to access it via two or more instances of calibre at one time you could end up corrupting your database.

I believe Kovid is actively rewriting the database code to allow for multiple simultaneous access but it isn't an option currently.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Note that it's (relatively) safe to run the calibre server on one machine while simultaneously using the calibre client on another. I've been running that way for a while, so that my opds feed is always up and available even if my laptop (where I run the calibre client) is sleeping.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote