Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-04-2007, 07:57 PM   #91
snewman
snewman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500 & GEB1150
Thats good. I was thinking that maybe the order did not go through since I was ordering more than 1 unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobVA View Post
Same here. If memory serves me that's a standard blurb for TD.
snewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:58 PM   #92
Gameboy70
Connoisseur
Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, 3rd Gen iPad
The Reader is no longer available.

Edit: Ah, missed HarryT's post.
Gameboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2007, 08:03 PM   #93
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by snewman View Post
I purchased 4 units at the $99 thru tigerdirect on my American Express and my order states:

Pending Review - Your order is currently being reviewed by our credit card department for processing. No further action may be required on your part. If we determine we need additional information, we will contact you at the phone number and email listed in your account.

Any one else have this issue?
Mine says that also. I don't know what it means.

Last edited by Nate the great; 07-04-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:05 PM   #94
snewman
snewman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500 & GEB1150
Interesting...I actually ordered the 1st unit on my visa debit card and it went thru. It's just my second order via my American Express that pended. Maybe its the dollar amount that requires special authorization?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobVA View Post
Same here. If memory serves me that's a standard blurb for TD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post

By the way, I have a couple Readers that don't have a home yet. Does anyone outside the US want to lay claim to one? If so, send me a PM. First come, first serve.
snewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:13 PM   #95
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by snewman View Post
Interesting...I actually ordered the 1st unit on my visa debit card and it went thru. It's just my second order via my American Express that pended. Maybe its the dollar amount that requires special authorization?
I think that may be true. I ordered the one for me about 540am local time. It is not being held up like the others. I went back a couple hours later to get some more to give to family(I was chided for being selfish by getting only one).
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2007, 09:16 PM   #96
silkpag
Enthusiast
silkpag began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Lot of credit card/ID theft happens with folks buying big ticket electronics, so Tiger, Newegg and Amazon purchases often get flagged, even for (relatively) small amounts.
silkpag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:02 PM   #97
drgnbear
Evil alien overlord.
drgnbear began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Mine says "In Process" YAY!
drgnbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:38 AM   #98
yomer
yomer began at the beginning.

Device: None
Not fair

Why did you have to buy more than one? Two I would understand, but more; that's just greedy . I just can't spend that much money on a reader and the only chance is over. Oh well, I'll have to wait for a newer cheaper model now.
yomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:23 AM   #99
yomer
yomer began at the beginning.

Device: None
Angry

I can't believe it. Someone is actually selling a recently bought sony reader on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Sony-PRS-500...QQcmdZViewItem

you can tell by the description which mentions the 5 inch reader, that same mistake is on tigerdirect.com. I hope that guy gets his order cancelled!

Back to reading traditionally till I fall asleep.
yomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:54 AM   #100
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
you don't really expect that there are people who really needs 4 sony readers do you?
This is the reason why there usually are a limit on the amount of produtcs you can buy during such sales...
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:04 AM   #101
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It is very unfortunate that there are people out there who will view a sale such as this as an opportunity to make a "fast buck", and hence deny the opportunity to buy a Reader at a good price to a genuine enthusiast. I find this highly distasteful, personally.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:13 AM   #102
phuata
phuata began at the beginning.

The genuine enthusiast might still be able to get a good price. Personally, I'm wondering if any of those who bought multiple readers are looking at selling their extra copies for reasonable prices on this site. If the desired price is low enough, I may be willing to buy here, rather than be part of an auction.
phuata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:26 AM   #103
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

unfortunately, it's the genuine enthousiast that's living in the USA that benefits most. I wanted to order one as a backup or as a gift for my girlfriend, but too bad that the store didn't have good international rules.

I still put the blame on the store itself for not making good rules for buyers (IE. max per person) and giving adequate info. Although distasteful, I do understand that there are people who are going for a profit. It's just the same as those who buy the first batch of new gadgets and then selling them for a high price.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:32 AM   #104
athlonkmf
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post
Oh man I could kick myself! My wife wasn't home and we don't usually buy stuff without agreeing on it first so i put one in my shopping cart at Tiger but didn't buy. Its gone now and someone overturned my shopping cart and emptied that too!

Missed this one big time!
I guess every family is different. I don't usually buy expensive stuff that cost more than my usual "monthly savings" without "discussing" it with my girlfriend (well, usually it's more like I'm telling her that I'm going to buy this gadget and she goes "I don't understand what that thing does, but if you want you should buy it, you've been saving up money the whole year" )

I think that if you can save up a percentage of your income for yourself, it'd make relationships much easier. like 75% of your paycheck is for mutual funds, and 25% is for your own savings which you can use any way you want. (luckily I have an ok-paycheck, but I still won't buy things I don't think it's worth the money (iliad) )
Old 07-05-2007, 02:14 PM   #105
Xsavior
Coveter of eInk
Xsavior began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 700p, Sony Reader
I'm supper happy i saw this deal. Thanks guys, that definitely pushed me over the "waiting to buy now because the next version will offer more value" fence Now if only it gets here before my trip on Sunday!

Has anyone received theirs yet?
Xsavior is offline   Reply With Quote