Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-08-2009, 01:05 AM   #1
senjak
senjak began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Cool Hello from the Twin Cities.

Hello!

I'm sort of a new owner of a Sony PRS-600. I say sort of, because I've been working with Sony sales support for the last month to get my e-book reader.

I paid to have a custom engraving, and the engraver has managed to get the inscription wrong not once, but twice.

I'm hoping that this gets resolved and I manage to get the reader soon.

Based upon everything I've read so far, I'm planning to use Calibre and not the Sony supplied software.

Talk to everyone soon!
senjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:07 AM   #2
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Welcome to MobileRead senjak.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:43 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi senjak and welcome to MobileRead. Be sure and let us know when you get your reader, engraved or otherwise.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:23 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, senjak.

Hope you get your problems resolved soon, and once you do I'm sure you'll be thrilled with your device.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:28 AM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Welcome aboard.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #6
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello senjak, and Click image for larger version

Name:	fall3.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	38742 to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:29 AM   #7
senjak

Cool Still waiting

Who was to know that I could so throughly break the Sony e-commerce to engraving technology? The engraver was unable to resolve the problems with the data that was transmitted.

Sony is going to try reordering the reader from scratch, over night ship it to me and discount it a bunch.

Perhaps I'll have it by next Friday.

Sigh and all I wanted was a bright red e-book reader with part of a Lina Inverse quote on it. Perhaps I should have not have tried to get the first part to Lina's Dragon Slave spell engraved on my reader?

LOL,

Senjak
Old 11-13-2009, 03:06 AM   #8
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
oh. i am sorry that had to happen to you.

anyways, welcome to MobileRead!

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:59 AM   #9
senjak

Well, computers just hate me. But that's because I take power tools to them. I'm still very excited about the possibilities of the ebook reader, I have several memory sticks ready to go with different collections of documents, one stick with fun books, one with books appropriate for an 8 year old, one with books for my SO, and one with work related documentation.

My only fear is that either the 8 year old, or my SO will declare the reader theirs!

Glad to be here, nice to meet everyone.

Senjak
Old 11-17-2009, 08:30 AM   #10
senjak

It arrived yesterday! It is correctly engraved! Pretty and shiny!