Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-17-2011, 12:19 PM   #16
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Oh, look, a poll with self-chosen responders. We had a name for those in Statistical Analysis: useless.

Both my husband and I fit in the "iPhone group" but are Android users. Well, I say that, but I'm the only one of us who is female. Other than that, though... 'Course we've never filled out a poll on Hunch because what the heck is Hunch?
Lol, I'm the opposite. I fit in the Android group but have used an iPhone since 2007. In fairness, I've been wanting to switch to Android for quite a while now. The only thing that has kept me on iOS is Stanza. Harder to choose from Android devices, though, since there are a lot of options available.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #17
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Hmmm, I am an iPhone user and have been through all generations of it (not that I've owned all of them but I've used the brand the entire time).

I can say that about 50% of the graphic is right on target for me as an iPhone user. I also show as 50% of Android, too. I also own a blackberry. What does that make me?

We gave some serious thought to changing to Android...it looks rather interesting (and I really really want removable batteries)...but laziness has prevailed in making me not want to research a new phone and the thought of porting over my information makes my head want to explode.
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:33 PM   #18
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Y View Post
Interesting.....

I do not like the iPhone

I carry a Nokia with a real keyboard
Real keyboards measure 14"x 6"...:-)

Wandering on topic, all this graphic tells us is about users of hunch.com who respond to online questionnaires.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:20 AM   #19
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
or it could just mean that the folks in the country aren't status wh*res who need to buy an iphone to feel complete. *shrugs* i don't own a single apple product, i dont care enough about what they do to ever buy one. that goes for phones,mp3 players and tablets.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:42 AM   #20
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Strangely as a bit of a geek, I would say it's the Android users who lead afterall their devices are not tied to a specific OS, are fully customisable in terms of the UI and are certainly not a fashion gimmick. iSheep however,.....
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:36 AM   #21
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
How does one kick a person in the eye?
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:39 AM   #22
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Harder to choose from Android devices, though, since there are a lot of options available.
Also a lot of inconsistency. The version of Android that comes installed varies from phone to phone.

Sure, 2.3 has been out long enough that most phones will finally have it, but you'll see the same variation once 2.4 is out.

So I have neither device, and don't plan on getting one for a while. And, yet, it's not for financial reasons.

So am I a poor girl, or a happy hick?
Old 08-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #23
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
or it could just mean that the folks in the country aren't status wh*res who need to buy an iphone to feel complete. *shrugs* i don't own a single apple product, i dont care enough about what they do to ever buy one. that goes for phones,mp3 players and tablets.
But why do you have to be a status whore to have an iPhone? It's a phone, not a WWF belt or a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes. Why can't I just like my phone and you just like your phone? Why must you attach such words as "status whore" to someone over a phone simply because you don't like the phone/brand?
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:05 AM   #24
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Android users are 50% more likely to have a Yahoo mail account? ( maybe just to access Hunch )
I rsent dat. Den nothing wrong with me'ol yahoo mail account. I've had it for ne'r four and ten years and back when we's signed up hotmail was still a youngin'.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:08 AM   #25
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
I use both Android and IOS, together on a daily basis for both work and relaxing. Don't know where I fit into demographic. Guess I'm an Uber Status Whore....
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:53 AM   #26
afa
The Forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
i don't own a single apple product, i dont care enough about what they do to ever buy one. that goes for phones,mp3 players and tablets.
(he says, as he clicks "Send" on his MacBook Pro.)
Old 08-20-2011, 08:09 AM   #27
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
But why do you have to be a status whore to have an iPhone? It's a phone, not a WWF belt or a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes. Why can't I just like my phone and you just like your phone? Why must you attach such words as "status whore" to someone over a phone simply because you don't like the phone/brand?
Exactly my opinion.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #28
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Quote:
ITA. I have an Android but actually want to switch to an iPhone because I own an iPod Touch and I'm much more familiar with Apple's UI than Android. I also prefer Apple's UI over Android. It's not about being a status whore but just simply getting the phone that one likes.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:40 AM   #29
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by captkjaneway View Post
Strangely as a bit of a geek, I would say it's the Android users who lead afterall their devices are not tied to a specific OS, are fully customisable in terms of the UI and are certainly not a fashion gimmick. iSheep however,.....
Android isn't a specific OS ? It may have different version numbers but it's still an OS just like iOS, Windows, Linux etc... differing version numbers are simply upgrades if they're higher (we hope) but still the same OS...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #30
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
But why do you have to be a status whore to have an iPhone?
This.

The iPhone is actually pretty well-priced compared to other phones available. Back when I lost my dumb phone and had to replace it, the Palm Treo was like $499 on contract and the web browsing experience wasn't quite as good as with mobile safari. Over the years, smartphone prices have actually dropped to fall in line with what Apple was charging for the iPhone.

Another thing, how can the iPhone be a status symbol when practically everyone has one? The iPhone's pretty commonplace in the US nowadays and the price with contract is low enough that it's within reach to a lot of folks as long as they can afford the monthly fees (min $55/mo + taxes on AT&T: Nation 450, $40 + Data 200MB, $15).

I'm switching to Android, though, or perhaps Windows Phone 7 but the wealth of device choices make it more difficult to decide on which one to get.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 08-20-2011 at 10:05 AM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote