Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-15-2010, 06:54 AM   #1
plaid
Connoisseur
plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo eReader
subscription problem w/ O-K and 1.8

I upgraded my Kobo desktop, and then my original Kobo firmware to 1.8. I then added a trial newspaper subscription to my account on the Kobo website, but when I update my desktop it does not download the subscription. I tried logging out of the desktop and back in and still no subscription. Apparently subscriptions are supposed to be working now for the original kobo, as per the kobo blog
plaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:01 AM   #2
plaid
Connoisseur
plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo eReader
Ok, nevermind. For some reason I couldn't find it. When I restarted my Kobo desktop my subscription was there and it sync'd over.
plaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:21 AM   #3
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Note subscriptions can only be read on the kobo, not the desktop. Strange, but this was the licensing agreement with the publishers.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Some subscriptions, like the NY Times, can also be read using the Kobo app on iPad (and iPhone I think). Kobo is negotiating other rights, for example, Android devices.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #5
Gordo29
Connoisseur
Gordo29 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo-1st Porcelain 2nd Black, Touch, Aura, now Libra H2O
Will the subscriptions work on the OK? The web says Wifi version only.
Gordo29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Yes, they will. But the WiFi users will not have to plug in by USB to get them on the device. The web page will reflect the change at some point.

Last edited by taming; 12-15-2010 at 04:44 PM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:57 PM   #7
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Vox
We need to get the pages update. With all the holiday madness some of the help changes are a bit behind. We'll get them updated soon.
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #8
Lorentz-Dou
Lorentz-Dou began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wi-fi
Hi, I am new to this forum, so please bear with me.

I just got my Kobo Wi-fi this week.
I have purchased 2 books from Kobo, and also tried the free-trial newspaper subscriptions.
For some reason, the books all sync'ed to the Kobo properly, but the newspapers just don't get transferred to the Kobo at all (News & Mags field in Kobo Menu is still greyed out). I have tried connecting through Desktop App/USB and also directly thorugh Wi-fi, and still no luck.

I contacted Kobo Help, and got a ticket assigned. I tried all their suggested steps through to Tier 2 Help, but so far still no newspapers on the Kobo eReader. I am not sure if they have any more solutions at this time.

I even went back and exchanged for another Kobo eReader, and I am still experiencing this same problem of no newspaper subscriptions showing up on the eReader, even though the Desktop App tells me every day I have new newspapers available.

Desktop App is version 1.8.
Kobo Wi-fi firmware is 1.7.4.

Any suggestions or help from folks here would be appreciated. Thanks
Lorentz-Dou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
In Kobo Desktop, if you click on the "News and Mags" link on the left does the display show any papers?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:16 AM   #10
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Some subscriptions, like the NY Times, can also be read using the Kobo app on iPad (and iPhone I think). Kobo is negotiating other rights, for example, Android devices.
gone..

Last edited by kiwipippa; 03-05-2011 at 05:18 AM. Reason: wrong thread!
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #11
Lorentz-Dou
Lorentz-Dou began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wi-fi
In the Kobo Desktop App, all the newpaper subscriptions show up daily. Somehow, they just don't get transferred to the eReader even after sync'ing.
Lorentz-Dou is offline   Reply With Quote