Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Is it possible to put the web browser on the home page?

What the title says. Thanks! I don't want to do some kind of software hack or anything that could possibly void the warranty. I mean with just basic kindle functionality.
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:46 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunixer View Post
What the title says. Thanks! I don't want to do some kind of software hack or anything that could possibly void the warranty. I mean with just basic kindle functionality.
No but it's not hard to start the browser from the home page. I won't have my K3 until next week but with my K2 from the home page with the wireless on, I just simply type the url I want then use the toggle to select "go to" and the browser opens on the site of my choice. Simple.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:48 AM   #3
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
No but it's not hard to start the browser from the home page. I won't have my K3 until next week but with my K2 from the home page with the wireless on, I just simply type the url I want then use the toggle to select "go to" and the browser opens on the site of my choice. Simple.
Oh, thanks! Solved.
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
You can also make a .mobi book with hyperlinks for your favorites. It's a little faster than clicking Menu, Experimental, Web Browser, Favorites. Plus, you can categorize/sort them however you like.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote