Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #1
enn
enn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Voyage
Force reloading collections.json

Hello all,

Thanks to this site I see that the collections.json format is well understood, and there is some code out there to write it. However, it doesn't seem like anyone has yet found a way to get the Kindle to pick up on changes made to this file except by rebooting. I'm looking for a nicer and faster way to manage collections in code. Can anyone who is more familiar with the Kindle than I am suggest avenues of attack?
enn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
enn
enn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Voyage
It looks like the Kindle can sync collections across devices, if I'm reading this correctly and it's referring to the same kind of collection. Can anyone with multiple devices confirm?

from /opt/amazon/ebook/config/ServerConfig.conf:
Code:
#
# getDevicesWithCollections
# Args: 0 (filter) - should be one of: null (all), 'registered' or 'deregistered'
#
cmd.get.devices=getAllDevicesWithCollections
cmd.get.devices.urlkey=url.cde
cmd.get.devices.params=filter
cmd.get.devices.global.params=currentTransportMethod,currentCountry

#
# getCollections  
# Args: 0 (serialNumber) - Device serial number 
#       1 (deviceType) - Device type
#
cmd.get.collections=getCollections
cmd.get.collections.urlkey=url.cde
cmd.get.collections.params=serialNumber,deviceType
cmd.get.collections.global.params=currentTransportMethod,currentCountry
From the logs when a collection is created:
Code:
101002:235550 cvm[3805]: I CollectionsManagerImpl:Create:name=XXXXXXXX:
enn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The sync from another device is available in the Archive page, and, yes, it does work, and it is 'live', but it trims the collections content to only the books actually on the device you're syncing to.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote