Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-20-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Engadget:Toshiba Shows off "Smart Pad" promises launch before October

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/20/t...ses-launch-be/

Quote:
The latest addition was revealed in Australia by Toshiba's Mark Whittard, who showed off a prototype of a so-called "Smart Pad" tablet but unfortunately revealed few details about it. He did say that it would have both HDMI and USB connectivity, however, and that it could run either Android or Windows 7 -- Toshiba apparently hasn't decided which, though.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Would be nice if some Web site would keep a running list of tablets in development, with features, expected delivery, etc. It's hard to keep track of all that have been announced and hinted at.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2010, 07:10 PM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Wow this is exciting news. Toshiba has always been known as one of the best laptop manufacturers, since I can remember. Hearing them enter the tablet market is good news.

I'm hoping there comment of 'android' or 'windows' is a consumer option.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:18 PM   #4
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I used to be a Toshiba fan, but after getting burned twice on laptops, I stay away..... The Lenovo one is of more interest to me... well, actually the iPad delivers for me... but if I were looking....

If Toshiba is smart, they will go Android..... IMHO Just another Clunker Windows tablet will not make waves......
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote