Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #36226
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Heck, I have a 1 year old at 41. I consider myself young!
I agree. Try telling her that though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
That's the key, orlok! A new baby!

Just kidding. I'll be 56 tomorrow, but birthdays that don't end in a "5" or a "0" seem kind of like a non-event to me, lol!
No, no, no and no! (not possible, anyway ). At least not with me .

I'm 56 (many happy returns for tomorrow, Betty), and I don't care, but then men "improve" with age, apparently. According to her, anyway...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #36227
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
So do women. I think I am a far better person at 41 then I was at 21. Well, at least very different. I am more sensitive, responsible, understanding, and less selfish. But I was who I was suppose to be at 21 (selfish, a bit snotty, a bit of a know it all, exploring the world) and I am who I am suppose to be now. But I would not trade 41 for 21.

I struggled when I turned 30. It took me a while to realize that I had always thought I would be married, have kids, and doing something very different with my life at 30 then what I was doing. Instead, I was in graduate school, learning, growing, not making any money, not dating, and no kids. Once I figured out why I was in a funk, I could look at it and go "Hey, I am not there but there is good reason for that and I am enjoying what I am doing now" and move on. But I did have to work out that I was in a different place then I had expected.

Maybe ask her where she thought she would be at 41 and see if that helps her.

My Mother has also started talking to me about premenapause and all the emotional and physiological fun that brings.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:22 AM   #36228
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
At my friends' place where I'm dog and house sitting for almost three weeks. It's my first day off since the fire and I'm feeling a bit guilty since my father is now working hard so we can finely open the store tomorrow. It's going to be 30 to 35 degrees C today so I'm going to try to sit as still as possible, I can't wait until late Tuesday or early Wednesday when the weather is supposed to break, I'm very useless in this weather.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:52 AM   #36229
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Unpacking boxes. Ba$tard boxes that sprung up without our having ever packed them back in Japan. Must have, cuz there sure is a LOT of stuff that I don't remember having, but the boxes all have our name and shipping manifest on them... Weird science at work.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #36230
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Reading the news that there is a new wee prince in the world.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #36231
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Yep, it's full moon! Baby time.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #36232
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Reading the news that there is a new wee prince in the world.
Yay!!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #36233
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Taking a break from standing in the darkest, most inaccessible corner in the basement and disconnecting the various station lines from the incoming telephone lines, trying to find which one has the short circuit. Halfway done (well, the easy half) and all the lines look good so far. It's never the first one you test.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #36234
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Taking a break from standing in the darkest, most inaccessible corner in the basement and disconnecting the various station lines from the incoming telephone lines, trying to find which one has the short circuit. Halfway done (well, the easy half) and all the lines look good so far. It's never the first one you test.
Like testing Xmas lights? Bulb by bulb?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #36235
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pretty much. One station line shorts out and the whole system fails.

But Christmas lights are usually easier to reach.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #36236
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Watch out for spiders! If I have to do anything in a basement or crawl space, I fumigate first with a bug bomb!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #36237
cromag

We've got a few spiders, but no big problem.

The big problem right now is the heat and rain have driven a huge population of camelback crickets into the basement. (Google for an image, if you dare!) These guys are big enough to trigger a mousetrap if they land on it. And they have a tendency to jump right at someone rather than away.

I have glue pads down in the corners to (try to) keep them under control.

Anyway. The job is done. Took apart the junction blocks and tested each station pair.

Every single one tested "okay." Now, since "okay" means an open circuit, there's a possibility I missed the bad pair by not getting a good connection with the meter probe ... but I give up.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #36238
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
We've got a few spiders, but no big problem.

The big problem right now is the heat and rain have driven a huge population of camelback crickets into the basement. These guys are big enough to trigger a mousetrap if they land on it. And they have a tendency to jump right at someone rather than away.

I have glue pads down in the corners to (try to) keep them under control.

Anyway. The job is done. Took apart the junction blocks and tested each station pair.

Every single one tested "okay." Now, since "okay" means an open circuit, there's a possibility I missed the bad pair by not getting a good connection with the meter probe ... but I give up.
Re: camelback crickets - they are attracted to bright light - when I have to work in the crawl space under the house, I put a halogen work light at the opposite end from where I'll be - most of the buggers will hop down and fry themselves on the light and leave me alone. They really hurt if they smack into your face!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #36239
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Unpacking boxes. Ba$tard boxes that sprung up without our having ever packed them back in Japan. Must have, cuz there sure is a LOT of stuff that I don't remember having, but the boxes all have our name and shipping manifest on them... Weird science at work.

Stitchawl
Remember all that extra money you paid at Customs? That was for the extra boxes you got. You can't expect free boxes, even in Thailand...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:43 AM   #36240
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Remember all that extra money you paid at Customs? That was for the extra boxes you got. You can't expect free boxes, even in Thailand...
I'm beginning to think you're right! I just unpacked a a box of diapers...

(Actually, they came from my son. He and his wife were given about one hundred well laundered cotton diapers at their baby shower. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING works better as a guitar polishing cloth, so I had him send me a few!)

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?