Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 11:17 PM   #16
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/Touch/DX/Fire|PRS-600/350|Nook(color)|iPad|iPad2|EVO 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMark View Post
Please, please, please, include information on how it handles PDFs.

Thank you!
PDF is definitely on my todo list. Working on it as we speak.
Blog Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:07 AM   #17
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Blog Kindle, could you please tell me if the Touch can be read in landscape mode and if the page turn zones shift also? Thanks!
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 03:45 AM   #18
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
Blog Kindle, could you please tell me if the Touch can be read in landscape mode and if the page turn zones shift also? Thanks!

According to this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157228

NO LANDSCAPE

Bummer for PDFs...
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:47 AM   #19
WarStreet
WarStreet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch with ads
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
I am interested too, about this matter.

EDIT: thanks vxf, seems you are faster poster I hope they add this via an update.

Last edited by WarStreet; 11-16-2011 at 04:00 AM.
WarStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:12 AM   #20
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Here goes... just out of the oven - Kindle Touch Review.

In nutshell:
no landscape support in PDF or elsewhere
yes PDF ToC support finally
no free 3G browsing as promised
exactly the same eInk screen as K3 and K4

Last edited by Blog Kindle; 11-16-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 06:05 AM   #21
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Kindle View Post
no free WiFi browsing as promised
Huh???

Do you mean "no free 3G browsing as promised"?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:32 AM   #22
pbook
pbook began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, T1, 9" below $300
Quote:

no free WiFi browsing as promised
NO, wait! it says no 3G browsing. wifi is available...

and can anybody double check landscape availability? please?

Last edited by pbook; 11-16-2011 at 07:35 AM.
pbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:39 AM   #23
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbook View Post
NO, wait! it says no 3G browsing. wifi is available...

and can anybody double check landscape availability? please?
I just tried on mine...no landscape available. However, swiping up and down on the screen while in a book will change the page, in addition to swiping left/right or tapping. That up/down motion would seem more natural in landscape when the device is sideways.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:44 AM   #24
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Oh, that really sucks. I guess I will not be buying one of these. I mainly read in landscape mode.

Thank you for confirming this.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #25
Blog Kindle
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Huh???

Do you mean "no free 3G browsing as promised"?
I did mean 3G. That's what happens when you type your posts past 2AM... Sorry about the confusion
Old 11-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #26
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
I did mean 3G. That's what happens when you type your posts past 2AM... Sorry about the confusion
No sweat
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #27
Helgetus
Zealot
Helgetus doesn't litterHelgetus doesn't litter

Device: PW1, PW2, KB3G, Sony PRS-T3
Quote:

In nutshell:
yes PDF ToC support finally
no free 3G browsing as promised
exactly the same eInk screen as K3 and K4
I got stuck in your review were you state:
Noticeably smaller than Kindle Keyboard (KK/K3) and 0.5oz lighter. Just a notch smaller (hardly noticeable) than Kindle 4 Non-Touch (K4NT) and 1.7oz heaver.

Actually the K4NT is smaller than the K4 Touch.
K4NT: 6.5" x 4.5" x 0.34" (166 mm x 114 mm x 8.7 mm)
K4T: 6.8" x 4.7" x 0.40" (172 mm x 120 mm x 10.1 mm)
Helgetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #28
Blog Kindle
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helgetus View Post
I got stuck in your review were you state:
Noticeably smaller than Kindle Keyboard (KK/K3) and 0.5oz lighter. Just a notch smaller (hardly noticeable) than Kindle 4 Non-Touch (K4NT) and 1.7oz heaver.

Actually the K4NT is smaller than the K4 Touch.
K4NT: 6.5" x 4.5" x 0.34" (166 mm x 114 mm x 8.7 mm)
K4T: 6.8" x 4.7" x 0.40" (172 mm x 120 mm x 10.1 mm)
Was a late night typo - thanks for pointing out. I really need to get someone to proofread the stuff I write
Old 11-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #29
Helgetus
Zealot
Helgetus doesn't litterHelgetus doesn't litter

Device: PW1, PW2, KB3G, Sony PRS-T3
Quote:
Was a late night typo - thanks for pointing out. I really need to get someone to proofread the stuff I write
Actually you have it correct in the details later in the article. Just wasn't that far down when I posted.

Thanks for the excellent REVIEW!

I guess the K4NT will be my second (mobile) eReader.
Helgetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #30
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Finally some videos are becoming available.

SCION is offline   Reply With Quote