Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-18-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Possible to search for books without a cover?

Is it possible to search for books without a cover? I know I can search for books with no comments via true|false, but is there a similar search for covers? I've tried cover:false.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
cover:false works for me.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Cover:false comes up with exactly 1 book in 691 titles

When I view the comments or cover browser
"My_Catalog" (my name for the catalog that Calibre generates) has only the default (missing cover) showing
I have half a dozen TXT files that have no cover set (default cover shows)

Windows XP 6.40 Calibre
BTW I assume "cover" is part of Comments? I am looking at the file
/opt/calibre/resources/metadata_sqlite.sql
and do not see a table or field for Cover
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:31 PM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The CLI version of the command would be:

Code:
calibredb list --search cover:false --fields cover,title
When I execute that I get the same title as when using the GUI search, and it does return a book with 'None' in the cover field. However, it's not the only book in my library without a cover, so clearly it's not working as expected.

I would suggest filing a ticket.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:11 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That's what I get - 1 book, when I know I have many.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #6
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
I would suggest filing a ticket.
I'm going to be semi immobile for the next few weeks. This sounds like a simple project to tackle if no one else does it first.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:16 PM   #7
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Is it possible to search for books without a cover?
You could create a Catalog for all books, in CSV format. Then sort the CSV file on the "Cover" column. Those books without a cover will have this field blank and so will all be sorted together.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #8
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
You could create a Catalog for all books, in CSV format. Then sort the CSV file on the "Cover" column. Those books without a cover will have this field blank and so will all be sorted together.
Thanks, but I have other SQL methods to get a list. What I really need, however, is to see them in the GUI so I can tell it to get metadata for all books that have no cover and do not have the tag "Done." That tag signals that I dealt with this book and no cover is available.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sounds like a bug, if no one else wants to tackle it, file a ticket and I'll take a look.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:14 PM   #10
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
I finally got a chance to track this down and found the bug today. It looks like it affected all false searches, not just cover:false. It will be fixed in the next release.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:35 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I finally got a chance to track this down and found the bug today. It looks like it affected all false searches, not just cover:false. It will be fixed in the next release.
Thanks.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:53 AM   #12
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks.
I'm really happy with searches now. The true/false searches always seemed sort of flaky, but after I spotted the bug I realized it was just false searches that had failed and made the searches "seem" flaky.

The combo of true/false searches and the new regex searches lets me find anything I want. I just had it find all books with an author's last name that starts with L and where there are no tags, ratings or covers, then sent them off to have metadata automatically picked up.