Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #556
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
I think it's ok. The next fw has some faster response time, but don't expect by much.
If you think the response time of the Jetbook is slow, well, the majority of e-ink devices are only marginally faster. I think it's acceptable.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #557
Hannibal Jetbook
Hannibal Jetbook began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook Color
http://ectaco-global.blogspot.com.es/

Web browser has been implemented to display Web resources related to ebook reading using open networks. This has been limited as per school requests, but can be modified in future updates.
I can not believe, future updates??????
Hannibal Jetbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #558
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad, PRS-T3, Kobo GLO HD, Paperwhite 2, PB Ultra, Ony Boox Max
I noticed too: see the post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...or#post2029053
mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #559
Friday13th
Enthusiast
Friday13th began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
is there a way to open the JBC for changing the battery or remove the housing?
if i can open the device i can change the color in a good way.
Friday13th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #560
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday13th View Post

how??
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #561
Valentinka
Zealot
Valentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony PRS-T1, M92, iPad 3, ex-JetBook Color
Quote:
is there a way to open the JBC for changing the battery or remove the housing?
You can look at the pictures in Russian forum how to open JBC (scroll down to the post from neonquai):
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...=asc&start=140
Google can translate it for you if you need it. There are generally a lot of pictures of JBC on this Russian forum (in the same thread). You might want to look at them, too.
People there also say that you can change the battery on JBC.

Last edited by Valentinka; 04-06-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Valentinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #562
Valentinka
Zealot
Valentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony PRS-T1, M92, iPad 3, ex-JetBook Color
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
how??
I think the more realistic approach would be the one parkher suggested: to try to figure out the way to remove the color filters layer from the nice eInk pearl screen in order to get high definition B/W reader with whiter screen .
And if you badly need colors, then just get iPad 3 for the same money.
Valentinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:36 AM   #563
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentinka View Post
I think the more realistic approach would be the one parkher suggested: to try to figure out the way to remove the color filters layer from the nice eInk pearl screen in order to get high definition B/W reader with whiter screen .
And if you badly need colors, then just get iPad 3 for the same money.

I think he was talking about changing the color of the case.
If you can open it you can spray or paint it black or whatever - that was my take on his contribution ...
ignacio ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:55 AM   #564
Friday13th
Enthusiast
Friday13th began at the beginning.

ignacio ferrer got it.
of course i spoke about changing the color of the housing not of the display.
why should i spend around 400€ on a COLOR eink reader if i plan to remove the color...

i tought about grinding and varnishing.
Friday13th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #565
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How would be your jetbook color for your kids?
Very cooool!

mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #566
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:

i thought about grinding and varnishing.
excellent idea
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #567
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
The JBC has lots of software for kids, but if you ask me, I'd never give it to a kid. It's too expensive, even for class rooms!

They would have done better creating a flex e-ink device half the weight (or a quarter), and for a price of around a quarter too, before giving such a device to a kid.

IMHO, an ebook reader for a kid should cost no more than $100!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #568
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mod186k1 View Post
How would be your jetbook color for your kids?
Very cooool!

this is cool, and as @ProDigit stated it might be too much for a classroom but for personal use i think it's pretty awesome
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #569
xexijreil
xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: JBC
powerpoint converted to pdf

Could anyone please upload attached file to his/her JBC and show here how is it seen on it?? Specially pages with pictures and graphics such as page 17 please. Also seeing it with and without zoom would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf proc fab.pdf (3.87 MB, 5859 views)
xexijreil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #570
mod186k1
Addict

I these too quickly so photo are a bit blur. Sorry for the focus

Anyway:
1) Just open:
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1011.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	504.2 KB
ID:	85074

2) Open then zoom 100%
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1013.jpg