Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #16
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graycee View Post
I'd like the power button to be a little less sensitive.
It should've been recessed a few millimeters.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:36 PM   #17
zazou
zazou began at the beginning.

Device: nook touch; Kobo vox; Sony 350
I want to be able to access the real 'android market'
zazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:06 PM   #18
easterncoyote
Zealot
easterncoyote began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kobo Touch
I would like a built in dictionary, a search book function, and a highlight feature that wasn't so cumbersome. Since all of these features are available on the Touch, I would think it wouldn't take much to add them to the Vox. And, like others have mentioned the power switch should be a slider - it is too easy to turn it on accidentally.

Last edited by easterncoyote; 12-09-2011 at 10:11 PM.
easterncoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #19
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by easterncoyote View Post
I would like a built in dictionary, a search book function, and a highlight feature that wasn't so cumbersome.
Yes! Yes! And more Yes!

I'm also loving these ideas about funky docks being created for the Vox.

I can't wait for new cases to be made specifically for the Vox too.
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #20
easterncoyote
Zealot

One more thing. I would like to see the time and battery meter displayed with a single tap while reading a book.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #21
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
I know you can make shortcuts for apps on the Home screen, but I wish you could do the same with items in the sub-menu of the settings, like the battery status above.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #22
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I installed an apk that puts a battery indicator in the top status bar. It works well. It is free and open source. It's called Battery Indicator Pro, I had to search around to find it outside of the android market. I forget where I got it.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #23
zazou
zazou began at the beginning.

Device: nook touch; Kobo vox; Sony 350
talking about battery, I would like that you show the battery level in 1% incremental instead of 10%. Actually, it goes from 100% to 90% and I don't like it.
zazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #24
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Well, 10% increments is fine, given that it doesn't show correctly in the first place. I believe the battery monitoring is one of the items being addressed in the next update. Then, if that's fixed, 1% increments would be justified.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #25
oldyellr
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I installed an apk that puts a battery indicator in the top status bar. It works well. It is free and open source. It's called Battery Indicator Pro, I had to search around to find it outside of the android market. I forget where I got it.
I found it easily by Googling. Is the battery indicator visible on all screens, like when reading a book, or just those that show the status bar currently?
Old 12-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #26
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's in the status bar--no status bar, no indicator. I seem to have a status bar pretty much all the time. The current version of the apk is 5.x, btw. Not all the sites listed have new versions.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #27
oldyellr
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
It's in the status bar--no status bar, no indicator. I seem to have a status bar pretty much all the time. The current version of the apk is 5.x, btw. Not all the sites listed have new versions.
I see that 5.x is the latest. I also see the status bar in "most" cases, but not when I have a book open in the Kobo reader or Overdrive. Presumably that's when one would want to know if the battery is close to dying. However, I have seen a warning pop up when the battery is supposedly down to 10%, but can't remember if it was with a book open or not. This was when I tried to charge a 50% full battery using a cheap 500ms USB charger, so I think the indication was spurious anyway. So, until Kobo fixes the battery indicator to be more reliable, would Battery Indicator Pro really be reading the battery condition independently, or what the Vox tells it? Do you see different levels in the Vox battery icon and the BIP indicator, or does the latter replace the former?
Old 12-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #28
taming
Trying for calm & polite

No, it does not read it independently. My Vox seems to read the battery accurately unless I charge using something other than the Kobo supplied charger. One of the nice things about multi-tasking is that if you are in the middle of a three hour read, you can always pop out and check the battery indicator just by going to library view.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #29
easterncoyote
Zealot

And how about full access to the Android market?
Old 12-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #30
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Vox
I would love to be able to turn the button backlight off.
In low-light situations, there are many possibilities to further decrease the display brightness, like JuiceDefender or ScreenFilter, but the button backlight always stays on, radiating like a lighthouse (very useful to see where you're going when you walk around the house with the lights off).

For an eReader, it would make sense that the button backlight has an airplane mode like button.

The perfect option would be to have a setting that timeouts the button backlight. After 10 seconds it can turn off, and as soon as I tap again on any button, the lights go on again and I can use the buttons normally.
This would really make sense if it is associated directly to some kind of trigger. For example, when any application hides the status bar (i.e. all reader and video apps). Or maybe when the brightness drops below a certain value, i.e. 10%.
hieronymos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, vox, wishlist