Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #781
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphinome View Post
Can someone report a bug for me, I don't know the email address. I thought it might be a typo so I tested but thorium mines do actually cost zero to surge. That's a lot of free energy. I think someone mistyped a 10.
Noticed the same, didn't exploit further...

I still lack some of mechanics of this, I finaly got things to balance and then exploded it again by leveling. Those cores can be real killers too, but I think I got the idea of surrouding them with population so they don't hit it and mess rest of stats...

Ekaros is the name there too...
Ekaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #782
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I picked up a couple Thorium mines, but I brought them from "0" up to my Tech Level, Level 4, before using them. They give a little more energy, but it takes an honest 4 surge points to rev them up.

If that "0" was a typo for a 10, I'm still making out like a bandit, though.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2012, 12:12 AM   #783
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
You can fill all your extra spaces with those mines (at low levels) and surge at will (when charged, of course).

Eventually, they'll start working as designed, tho.

As you found out, you need to leave them unleveled to be able to get the zero surge.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:54 AM   #784
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Here is my last cycle:

Baen Bucks: 1,066,544
Baen Bliss: 496,782
Population: 77,614
Food: 392,485
Energy: 395,496
Military: 316,778
Surge Pts Left this Cycle: 4/40
Total Bucks per Cycle: 721,414
from Assets: 100,503
from Pop.: 620,912
Political Adj to Asset Bucks: +75%
Bliss - Base Need: 283,344
Low-Bliss Cost: 0
Energy - Base Need: 46,233
Low-Energy Bliss Cost: 0%
Food - Base Need: 43,222
Low Food Bliss Pct Penalty: 0%
Famine Pop. Loss: 0

just 8 cycles ago I was in the hole for everything. Would have about 100k in food and energy but just surged about 20k in pop.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:37 AM   #785
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
You can fill all your extra spaces with those mines (at low levels) and surge at will (when charged, of course).

Eventually, they'll start working as designed, tho.

As you found out, you need to leave them unleveled to be able to get the zero surge.
Yeah, but I feel better this way.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2012, 02:51 AM   #786
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
There is a bug, reported at the bar, if you complete all projects for a level and then wait until the next cycle to level up, maybe you are a few bucks short on the level up cost or you want to start the level up with a new bunch of surge points. As the devs are still tweaking they can reset the amount needed to complete a project, as yours is marked as complete then you cannot add any more money to the project but the system will not allow you to update as it thinks the projects are not complete.

To cover yourself against this you can leave 1 buck still to pay for a project until you are ready to level up, this does not help those of us who are stuck though.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:53 AM   #787
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Yeah, but I feel better this way.
LOL. I grabbed a few and played with them - at my level, they cost way more per surge than they are worth (even at zero surge cost - the have little bucks/cycle and don't scale well).

In any case, once I played with them a bit, I sent Bob an email about them (he is also working on a fix for those who had stuck projects). Once the ones I bought charge up, I'll sell them back off and repurchase the assets I sold to make room for them.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #788
mnfe
Connoisseur
mnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with others

Device: none
I feel SO much better about this go around. I just leveled up to 4, doubled my population, quadrupled the amount of bucks per round, and am only slightly in the red on food in one sitting. Haven't gotten to any book coupons yet, but I should be able to hit both on alliances and levels today. I'm also thinking about expanding my grid a second time before leveling up so I can add another city core that will share biotraps with my pub row and mining town. Then I'll be able to surge a city core each round.
mnfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #789
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
I need some rest before restarting. last days were busy. (undertaking a translator exam; will post about this in another thread) when back I don't intend to change nicks since I always was Freeshadow when internauting. to all who counted on more gifts for the last cycles - sorry for having missed some.
Esp. for you Elfwreck, since it was me who pulled you in, so I feel a bit responsible and double times sorry
Is fine; I haven't restarted yet because RL has been very, very busy and I haven't had time to set up a new freehold and figure out what's changed since the beta version. I plan on joining sometime next week, I think. (I'll let all the rest of you find the bugs first!)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #790
kaleissin
Connoisseur
kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Wi-Fi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphinome View Post
Can someone report a bug for me, I don't know the email address. I thought it might be a typo so I tested but thorium mines do actually cost zero to surge. That's a lot of free energy. I think someone mistyped a 10.
Sssh! Don't say it out loud! They upgrade well too...
kaleissin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #791
kaleissin
Connoisseur
kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Anyone in need of Military or Population? That's what I mostly get for transfer gifts...
Old 06-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #792
kaleissin
Connoisseur

Hm, one Spider Canopy upgraded to level 8 gives as much bucks as 8 level 1 Houses of Ill Repute. And it seems level 9's winner will be the Promethium mine, not the level 9 Thorium Reactors. The bugged Thorium Reactors (level 0) might beat both when upgraded though.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #793
Iphinome
Paladin of Eris
Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleissin View Post
Hm, one Spider Canopy upgraded to level 8 gives as much bucks as 8 level 1 Houses of Ill Repute. And it seems level 9's winner will be the Promethium mine, not the level 9 Thorium Reactors. The bugged Thorium Reactors (level 0) might beat both when upgraded though.
A level 8 thorum mine is giving me 5250 so it looks like the promethium mine will beat it
Iphinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #794
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Whilst still not actively playing again, I follow the forum. The thorium lev0-bug is reported and bob acknowledged it. So better not to make long-term speculations with this asset.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #795
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Everyone will want to recheck the values they are getting from City Cores - Bob made some massive changes (mostly downward), so you will want to be more careful in taking on large population (now I could use some small population gifts, but they keep showing up in 30,000 to 50,000 increments).