Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #1
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
go to a specific location within a book

Every time I shut the vox down it forgets my most recent bookmark (it goes to chapters 17 as opposed to 25) and I cannot see a way to move to a specific page or location. Does anyone know?
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Haven't had that problem so far. However, it does seem to lose its place when it flips between portrait and landscape if I accidentally let it turn past 45°. That's a known problem as is in the pipeline to be addressed.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2011, 06:20 AM   #3
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypherslock View Post
Every time I shut the vox down it forgets my most recent bookmark (it goes to chapters 17 as opposed to 25) and I cannot see a way to move to a specific page or location. Does anyone know?
You can move to specific chapters. If you touch the middle of the screen so that the top menu becomes visible, click on the button that looks like a list. This will take you to the table of contents and let you go to a specific chapter.
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #4
ZEDenterrpizes
Dominee Dan
ZEDenterrpizes began at the beginning.

As far as I know, there is no way to navigate easily back to a specific page—you just have to scroll and tap and hope. The are quite a few people on Kobo's "Get satisfaction" support page that have requested this as a feature. You might want to go there and add your vote.
ZEDenterrpizes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #5
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Laura. They might want to make that an easier to find feature.
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Tap in the middle of the screen reveals a whole lot of nice things. Kobo Touch users will probably check it out--as it is the way to invoke submenus on the Touch, but other people will have to read the manual to figure that sort of thing out.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote