Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
BakaNeko59
BakaNeko59 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color (rooted)
Lightbulb Feature Request - ability to send CBR/CBZ to ereader device

I've started using Calibre to manage not only my EPUB files, but my comic collection in CBZ/CBR format. While I can convert the CBZ/CBR files to EPUB using Calibre, I lose the ability to zoom in on pages when I use my Android EPUB reader apps (I've tried several, none seem to support zooming in on images).

I've tried to use Calibre to send the actual CBZ/CBR files directly to my ereader (currently a rooted Nook Color) so that I can use an android comic reader application, but it doesn't allow it. (There are several good comic readers that DO support zooming in on pages.) I haven't dug into the plugin aspect of things yet so I don't know if there is any way to get Calibre to do it indirectly.

However, I would think it would be a simple matter for Mr. Goyal to include the ability to send CBZ/CBR files to a device (and have them show up as "on device" in the Calibre screen), so I'd like to request that he consider it. This would open up the use of Calibre to many new users to help manage their comic collections.

Thanks.
BakaNeko59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaNeko59 View Post
I've started using Calibre to manage not only my EPUB files, but my comic collection in CBZ/CBR format. While I can convert the CBZ/CBR files to EPUB using Calibre, I lose the ability to zoom in on pages when I use my Android EPUB reader apps (I've tried several, none seem to support zooming in on images).

I've tried to use Calibre to send the actual CBZ/CBR files directly to my ereader (currently a rooted Nook Color) so that I can use an android comic reader application, but it doesn't allow it. (There are several good comic readers that DO support zooming in on pages.) I haven't dug into the plugin aspect of things yet so I don't know if there is any way to get Calibre to do it indirectly.

However, I would think it would be a simple matter for Mr. Goyal to include the ability to send CBZ/CBR files to a device (and have them show up as "on device" in the Calibre screen), so I'd like to request that he consider it. This would open up the use of Calibre to many new users to help manage their comic collections.

Thanks.
The feature is there... Just might not be enabled
Preferences: Plugins: Device Interface Plugins: <<your device family >>
add Ticks to CBR and CBZ
Apply
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
BakaNeko59
BakaNeko59 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color (rooted)
My bad. I stand (sit, crouch, lay, kneel) corrected. Still fairly new to the app and hadn't run across that yet.

Thanks much. Now if I could just find an app to reduce the size of my CBZ/CBR files I'd be happy...
BakaNeko59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:57 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaNeko59 View Post
My bad. I stand (sit, crouch, lay, kneel) corrected. Still fairly new to the app and hadn't run across that yet.

Thanks much. Now if I could just find an app to reduce the size of my CBZ/CBR files I'd be happy...
It's called the 'Delete Key'

the Z in cbz is Zip
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
And the R in CBR is for RAR
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
android, cbr, cbz, epub