Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #31
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
I'm already finished with my 100 and about 50 ahead but I've been lax about logging them anywhere but my goodreads shelf.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #32
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
Unfortunately, I have run in to a gigantic pile of total crap lately. I started and stopped a Dean Koontz book within 60 pages (it was god-awful).
As a matter of interest, which one was it? I find his books either pretty good, or quite mediocre. The latest Frankenstein (#4 Lost Souls) was awful.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2011, 04:52 PM   #33
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm hoping to finish book 41 tonight so I'm ahead. I am surprised because I thought this challenge wouldn't change my reading pattern but I'm still reading a lot more books than before.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:03 PM   #34
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
i'm trying not to think about my own personal book goals, else i might concentrate more on the number of books rather than the content

but according to GR, i've read 22/100. i don't think i'll make 100 this year though, for two reasons:

1. money
2. free time

both of which are sorely lacking

Last edited by wyndslash; 04-13-2011 at 08:56 PM.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #35
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I'm past 100 (106 at the time of writing this), and will now be updating my goal on a monthly basis. Included in this total are 20 audiobooks, 11 short stories/novellas (they're counted as books on Goodreads so ... *shrug*) and 3 non-fictions.

My progress seems bloated because I devour Harlequins and the like
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #36
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
I am slightly behind, but I will catch up and get back on schedule.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:04 AM   #37
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I'm at 19, so still have a lot more to read to reach the target.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #38
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

With 36 books read so far I am ahead of the pace to finish 100 books or more by years end. That's good as I am about to move and that is going to occupy most of the time I could have spend reading for the rest of this month. In addition to the Mobile Reads book of the month I have been participating in my local library's afternoon and evening bookclubs both. This has been a good inducement.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #39
hedwig
Book Worm
hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPod Touch 5
I am at 31 books ranging between 300-450 pages in length. I have enjoyed finding new genres and new authors, which I would not have done if I hadn't joined the challenge so it is really rewarding.
This is the first time I have ever kept track and if I don't reach the goal of 100 its not the end of the world because I have learned a lot about myself and my reading habits just from participating.
I wish you all good luck with your challenges!
hedwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #40
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Added a second ticker for the page numbers. Wyndash, try project gutenberg, which will get you free books, chose from well over one hundred books you can make the goal with what gutenberg has for you. Crusader - you seem a tad a head.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:37 AM   #41
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Added a second ticker for the page numbers.
You might want to rethink that, as it probably violates the forum rules for signatures...
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #42
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Added a second ticker for the page numbers. Wyndash, try project gutenberg, which will get you free books, chose from well over one hundred books you can make the goal with what gutenberg has for you.
you're right. i need to force myself to read books that have more substance :P
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #43
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I didn't get started on this goal until March and am way behind. But, I just see this as a goal. If I get there (doubtful) it will be great... if I don't it will still be great. It just gives me the incentive and something to strive towards. Plus, I have expanded my horizons into different genres and it is taking me longer to read those. I'll keep plugging along and see what I can do. Congrats to those that are at or exceeding the rate that will let them surpass the goal! Congrats also to the rest of us who will not reach the goal, but will have enjoyed reading nevertheless!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:08 PM   #44
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
As a matter of interest, which one was it? I find his books either pretty good, or quite mediocre. The latest Frankenstein (#4 Lost Souls) was awful.
Frankenstein: Prodigal Son. I couldn't decide whether to stab my eyes out or perform a self-lobotomy. I'll never go there again!
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #45
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I didn't get started on this goal until March and am way behind. But, I just see this as a goal. If I get there (doubtful) it will be great... if I don't it will still be great. It just gives me the incentive and something to strive towards. Plus, I have expanded my horizons into different genres and it is taking me longer to read those. I'll keep plugging along and see what I can do. Congrats to those that are at or exceeding the rate that will let them surpass the goal! Congrats also to the rest of us who will not reach the goal, but will have enjoyed reading nevertheless!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote