Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
emrldsun
emrldsun began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Please help! Nookcolor/Calibre

Okay, so I browsed a bit before creating a new thread, but if I missed the answer in there somewhere, I apologize.

I am having a slight problem. I've got a whole bunch of books that I am using Calibre to convert. When I add them to my Nook, there are books that don't have covers in them. Even after I've gone through and edited the Metadata and used the "Change cover image option" to add the cover. The cover will show up in Calibre, but when I add it to my Nook, it just shows the generic Grey box with the title and the author in it.
I've tried this several different times, turning the nook on and off, creating a new calibre library and starting the whole process over from scratch. It's driving me insane. Any help?!

Last edited by emrldsun; 01-19-2011 at 06:58 PM.
emrldsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:06 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
You can try taking one of the books that has no cover. Do a epub to epub conversion. Verify in calibre viewer the image is at the start of the book. Delete the book from your reader and resend the newer version and see if that works.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/8182
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote