Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 02-18-2009, 08:20 PM   #16
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
I'm thrilled to have this on my Sony PRS-700! It does take a little patience to get to the word you're looking for, but until Sony includes a integrated dictionary into the firmware, this is great!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:22 AM   #17
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
I've downloaded and unzipped the 2.0 zip file. Do I also need to download the other file?

How do I import the EPUB dictionary into Adobe Digital Editions, so I can then transfer it to my reader? I may have additional usage questions once I load it, but right now I just need some help in getting the dictionary loaded.

Great idea - I'm looking forward to using it!

Thanks for the dictionary - I'm sure it was a tremendous amount of work.

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:12 AM   #18
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
I've downloaded and unzipped the 2.0 zip file. Do I also need to download the other file?
Download the attachment called Websters Dictionary 1913.epub; it is the .epub that you need to load onto the Sony PRS-505/700. When you download the attachment, it may be saved with the extension .zip instead. I think that is a problem with Internet Explorer, so just rename it back to .epub.

The attachment called Websters Dictionary 1913_2.0_epub_source.zip contains the .html and image files used to create the .epub via Calibre.

Quote:
How do I import the EPUB dictionary into Adobe Digital Editions, so I can then transfer it to my reader? I may have additional usage questions once I load it, but right now I just need some help in getting the dictionary loaded.

Great idea - I'm looking forward to using it!

Thanks for the dictionary - I'm sure it was a tremendous amount of work.

SteveK
I don't have a Sony reader, so I don't really know the answer to this one. I did add the item to the ADE library, but I was not able to view it there until I scrolled down. The cover images doesn't get displayed due to a problem with the .epub coding. Under Item Info, ADE indicated there was an error message that this .epub generated: Error E_PKG_IMAGE_TOO_LARGE. Don't know what's happening with ADE! The Sony PRS-505/700 can read it though, I'm told!

Last edited by nrapallo; 02-22-2009 at 08:44 PM. Reason: ADE loads the .epub, but will not display page 1, the cover image!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:18 AM   #19
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
Nick - thanks for the prompt reply. I downloaded the correct file and had no problems loading it.

Question - is there a way to move DOWN a page other than scrolling ACROSS each line to get to the next line? The down arrow moves me one word to the right rather than one line down. Also, each move requires a separate push of the down arrow, rather than just being able to hold it down and have it move rapidly through the words.

Have I overlooked something simple?

Once again, thanks for the many hours you spent on this useful tool!

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:02 PM   #20
Momo_Germany
Connoisseur
Momo_Germany began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 (great!!) +DX, Sony PRS-505,-700,-600 (dislike!), iPad
Thank you, Nick, for this great idea!

Works perfectly on my PRS-505. First I was afraid that my device might hang-up while loading, as the file is really big, but didn't. It works perfectly and quite fast. Why don't publishing companies make dictionarys like that in various languages (would love to have a German-English, English-German dictionary on my reader) as epubs?

Greetings and a big thank you,
Momo
Momo_Germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #21
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thank you for all your work!
I just tried it with the latest beta firmware for the Hanlin V3/BeBook. It is a firmware that includes ADE. It works, but the catalog only shows the letters of the alphabet, then the words alphabetically, but it is impossible to select a letter or word, or to type a word with a keyboard. It is only possible to type a page number. But I do not know what word is on what page.
On the other hand the mobi version worked great with the previous version of the firmware, which still included mobi support with a virtual keyboard for searching words. But the inclusion of ADE in the new beta firmware forced the removal of mobi support.
Too bad!
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:16 PM   #22
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post
Thank you for all your work!
You're welcome, I truly liked making that dictionary more useful!

Quote:
I just tried it with the latest beta firmware for the Hanlin V3/BeBook. It is a firmware that includes ADE. It works, but the catalog only shows the letters of the alphabet, then the words alphabetically, but it is impossible to select a letter or word, or to type a word with a keyboard. It is only possible to type a page number. But I do not know what word is on what page.
I have an updated copy (version 2.1) of this WD 1913 ebook. I've improved the TOC links and cover page display as well as incorporated the abbreviations listing. It looks good in ADE on my PC, but don't know how your firmawre will deal with it. I'll post it in post #1 above for now until I fix the abbreviation listing to include a better one I recently found.

Quote:
On the other hand the mobi version worked great with the previous version of the firmware, which still included mobi support with a virtual keyboard for searching words. But the inclusion of ADE in the new beta firmware forced the removal of mobi support.
Too bad!
FYI, there is also an updated copy of version 2.1 for .prc/.mobi devices using the same source files as used to build this .epub.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #23
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thank you again for your continuous work on this very important dictionary!
Mobi version 2.1 is the one I used successfully so far.
I just tried epub 2.1 and this time, when for example I press key number 2 to go to the letter B index, I reach that index.
But then there is nothing I can do to reach one of the many words listed. If the page number of each word was written in parenthesis, I could type it by selecting 'go to page' in the menu. How is it supposed to work?
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:53 PM   #24
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Thanks for the nice red cover Nick.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:17 PM   #25
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Thanks for the nice red cover Nick.

WDE.
You're quite welcome! Ooooh, the doggie likes red... Same as the PRS-505/RC?

However, I just noticed that that cover is not centered.

If you want it centered, then just open the .epub using winrar and open the 'content' folder therein and drop in the .xhtml in the below .zip overwriting the existing 'calibre_title_page.xhtml'.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip calibre_title_page_xhtml.zip (416 Bytes, 399 views)
Old 09-15-2009, 03:02 PM   #26
Periodical
Periodical began at the beginning.

Device: a purple Cool-er
The dictionary tried out on the Cool-er - tell Lbooker

The epub v 2.1 works (kind of) in the Cool-er.
Loads well, with too-large a font at size 2, and size 1 is a bit small! The cover is there. You can't do anything from the table of contents text page, but you can use the Cool-er's bottom button on the left to navigate to the (working) table of contents.

I was trying to look up slyboots - an answer to last Saturday's prize cryptic crossword, and a word I'd not come across before.

So I went to S Index, which gave me a list of S words. But I couldn't do anything from there - again the Cool-er treats it like a text page, as far as I can tell.

Going back to the TOC, I kept on scrolling down past Z Index and on until I got to S (I think this is what Lbooker needs to do, too), selected that, and ended up at somewhere in the R section in the main dictionary!

From there, I noted the page number and went back to the bottom left button to "Go to Page", and navigated to a guessed page a few hundred ahead!
Then I scrolled down page by page until I found "slyboots" listed.
So it is a little laborious, but should certainly help my crosswording a little on the move, as someone else has said, in a pinch.

I am going to bookmark the start of every new letter, I think, and see if that helps.

I'll be grateful to have it, anyway.

Thank you, Nick, for all the hard work you've put into this.
Periodical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:43 PM   #27
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periodical View Post
I was trying to look up slyboots - an answer to last Saturday's prize cryptic crossword, and a word I'd not come across before.

So I went to S Index, which gave me a list of S words. But I couldn't do anything from there - again the Cool-er treats it like a text page, as far as I can tell.
Have you tried that ver 2.1 .epub in Adobe Digital Editions' viewer on a PC?

What I do there with ADE is using the sidebar TOC, click on "Index S" and then advance 2 pages until I see the index word "Sluicy" and click on that and then within 5 page turns I am at the entry for "Slyboots"!

If you reduce the largish font down one size, then the above becomes click "Index S", advance one page, click "Sluicy", advance two pages and see "Slyboots"!

Is this how Sony PRS-505/700 users use the .ncx TOC and the inline TOC?

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-15-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:23 PM   #28
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Thank you!
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #29
gregcd
Connoisseur
gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-t1, prs-650 to sell
If you want to have this dictionary in a different font, without recoverting - see

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66102
gregcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #30
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcd View Post
If you want to have this dictionary in a different font, without recoverting - see

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66102
Do you have any screenshots of before and/or after with your preferred font? Just curious...