Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #1
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
Stuck Pixels?

I was reading my 505 out in the sun today, and noticed what appear to be large number of very tiny black spots on the screen which seem to be randomly and pretty evenly distributed. I've never noticed this before, but the screen has appeared to have less contrast than it did when I bought it 6 months ago. I don't remember my 500 looking this way either. Is this normal? I can still read text with no problem. If my 505 is faulty can I exchange it at a Sony Style store even if I didn't buy it directly from Sony?

Thanks for your input.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:41 PM   #2
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Induna, could you provide a picture of your screen? That might help some of the more knowledgeable members help diagnose the problem.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:49 PM   #3
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
Induna, could you provide a picture of your screen? That might help some of the more knowledgeable members help diagnose the problem.

Dreamer
The black marks (pixels) are very very small. I don't believe my camera can resolve them. They are all of uniform size and pretty evenly distributed. It was only reading in bright sunlight that brought them to my attention. They are present whether or not the reader is on.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:56 AM   #4
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Quote:
Originally Posted by induna View Post
The black marks (pixels) are very very small. I don't believe my camera can resolve them. They are all of uniform size and pretty evenly distributed. It was only reading in bright sunlight that brought them to my attention. They are present whether or not the reader is on.
Hi Induna,

Every Sony Reader I have ever seen looks that way. Its because not all the ink particles move to show completely "white". I don't usually notice unless I am looking very closely at the screen.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:18 PM   #5
induna
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by radius View Post
Hi Induna,

Every Sony Reader I have ever seen looks that way. Its because not all the ink particles move to show completely "white". I don't usually notice unless I am looking very closely at the screen.
Thanks, that's what I figured, but I wanted to make sure. My Reader is without doubt my favorite piece of electronics.