Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-17-2016, 09:34 AM   #1
gandoe
Enthusiast
gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
Moon+ Reader Pro - PDF annotations

I was just using M+ to read and annotate a pdf file saved in Dropbox (my usual process). However, today when I attempted to save my highlights and annotations to Evernote (menu / more operations / Bookmark / Share / Share notes & highlights) - one of the primary reasons I've standardized on M+ - instead of opening an app list from which I can select EN, I got an error message " For Pdf document, please open it to export/import highlights/notes."

In addition to this not making logical sense (the Pdf is already open in M+), it didn't work in any permutation or combination I tried.

I also attempted it by opening the pdf directly from the SIM card instead of through Dropbox, but got the same message.

Anyone else having this problem, use M+ in the same way, or know if there's been a change to either M+ or Dropbox?

TIA
Ed

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
gandoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:58 PM   #2
gandoe
Enthusiast
gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.

A quick update -

Seany is AWESOME!!!

Whatever was in the May 24 update for the Moon+ Reader Pro WORKS!!!! I can share PDF annotations again!!! (Google Play says it's version 4.7, but the "About" menu says it's 3.5.2)

Woo hoo!!!

By the way - in the "About" menu section titled:
"PDF Features in Pro Version"
- Highlight, annotation, handwriting

Can anyone explain the "handwriting" functionality?

TIA
Ed
Old 08-21-2016, 06:03 AM   #3
Earthlark
Earthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Touch
So PDF highlights and notes are shareable, but do they sync? I have no problem syncing highlights between devices with epubs, but I can't get PDF highlights to sync. Any experience with this?
Earthlark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 05:54 PM   #4
gandoe
Enthusiast

Sorry, I don't have experience syncing files between devices...although, from this page
http://hubpages.com/technology/Best-...ts-Moon-Reader

it would appear that you can backup to Dropbox or Drive, then restore, which includes not only reading position but also annotations:

"How to: Back up or Sync

Backing up was a bit problematic at first. I finally figured out that I hadn't set up the options correctly. Go to your book shelf and open a book. Touch the menu and choose 'Miscellaneous' and scroll down through this option menu to the bottom. The second to last check box says 'Sync reading positions via Dropbox'. Check this option and then touch the gear icon to the right. If you haven't linked to your Dropbox, touch the 'Link to Dropbox' button at the top and give it permission. Then check 'Backup book file to Dropbox' and check 'Update to recent list of new phones/tablets'. Touch OK and then back at the 'Miscellaneous' menu touch the back symbol in the upper right corner. Now, when you go to the options and choose backup or restore, it will simply back up your reading positions/notations and highlights to Dropbox. It doesn't actually back up the books. If you have a book on the tablet but not on your phone, backing up from the tablet and then restoring on the phone will not put that book on your phone."