Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Netronix

Notices

Old 01-22-2007, 04:29 PM   #16
slym
slym began at the beginning.

Device: none :(
Oh, my endless drooling envy!
It's been years that I've imagined e-book-readers, with no batery consumption while the page is being read. The sony and irex seem to have too many bells and whistles. -And this one looks just right. All it needs is a leather, or wooden container, (So I'm not the only Canadian with such odd ideas... way to go yvanleterrible!! Looks great!)
And as I only care to read text... the lack of supported formats doesn't disturb me.
Millionen Danke to CommanderROR for informing us all. (The company websites are just a tad biased.)
slym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:24 PM   #17
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
The initial Review is up with some more details..I hope you don't mind long texts...^^

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...?threadid=9481

btw...the STAReBOOK comes with a little leather pouch. I don't think it will protect the device much, but it might at least keep it free of dust and scratches when not in use.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2007, 05:48 PM   #18
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
Hmmm. I live an hour from Shanghai. This is sounding better and better all the time. If their future plan is to support different file types, I may pay a trip to their office.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:17 AM   #19
Snappy!
Addict
Snappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura about

Device: SHARP Zaurus C1000
Great review on the link CRoR!

Having html support is a must in my case. I won't bore you with details ... ... so hopefully they have that in the pipeline.
Snappy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:07 PM   #20
SUSGOD
Connoisseur
SUSGOD began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre-eBook reader PRO
Sci-Fi fans arrange bulk order of affordable e-reader

Fans at http://www.baen.com, which offers a great free e-library, wanted an affordable, bare bones e-book reader, so they designed a NAEB reader and arranged a bulk purchase of Bookeen USD320.
The device specifications and mechanical design will be exactly the same as the Starebook, but cost $100 less. They need to pre-order 1000 pieces and are taking orders.

More info is posted at http://www.naebllc.com/index.html

Susan
SUSGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2007, 01:37 AM   #21
micro
Connoisseur
micro doesn't littermicro doesn't littermicro doesn't litter

Device: STAReBOOK STK-101
Yup, should be interesting to see their firmware in action. And to be honest, if it was available now, I probably would have gone that option.

As it is, I have the STAReREAD now

Will also be very interesting ot see if its possible to push the Baen firmware onto a STAReREAD device (no, I'm not volunteering to kill my STAReREAD, I'll let someone else have that honour).

I think for many of us its an awkward position becoming an early adopter, you pay more, you get less then you get left in the cold when the newer mass market devices come out. But lets face it, I've got sweet sweet eink action right now....

micro
micro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:39 AM   #22
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I've also been thinking about that firmware swapping thing.

I guess it depends on whether he STAReBOOK could be recovered. Since the update process works with a SD card there could be some kind of way there...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote