Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-14-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
Music&Mayhem
Connoisseur
Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Smile Introducing myself and my novel

Hello to all! As my moniker suggests, I'm a musician and writer. For many years I worked in the Boston area, moved to New Orleans in 2001 (survived Katrina!) worked on my novel, and returned to Boston in November 2009.

The Premier Book Awards named my suspense thriller, ABSOLUTION, Best Mystery-Suspense-Thriller of 2009. I recently put a Kindle version on amazon.com, priced at $2.99 and sales have been brisk.

My one minute book trailer is on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixtfyV2J3mc.

For those who don't like book trailers, here's a brief synopsis.

A serial killer terrorizes young women in New Orleans, where everyone has something to hide. NOPD homicide detective Frank Renzi must battle racial tensions and religious controversy to catch the killer before he murders another woman and delivers his twisted version of ABSOLUTION.

You can read Chapter One free on my website: www.susanfleet.com

You can also listen to samples of my solo trumpet CD!

Ciao for now!
Susan
Music&Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:47 PM   #2
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Hi Susan! Welcome to the MobileRead forums! Your books sounds interesting. I love mystery books and I love New Orleans! Is there an epub version available?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2010, 11:49 PM   #3
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:06 AM   #4
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:12 AM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....

Pop into the Author Self-Promotions Thread, you'll be able to plug your work to a 'wider' audience !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2010, 04:15 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Susan. Good luck with *Absolution* Why not also give it a wee plug in the promotions forums here? Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:34 AM   #7
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hi Susan and welcome to MobileRead. That youtube trailer is quite good, the music with it gives a real dramatic feel.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:03 AM   #8
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Welcome to MR!

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #9
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

welcome I hope you do well with your book !
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:15 AM   #10
Music&Mayhem
Connoisseur
Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Music&Mayhem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Replying to Stitchawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Hi Susan! Welcome to the MobileRead forums! Your books sounds interesting. I love mystery books and I love New Orleans! Is there an epub version available?

Stitchawl
Hi and thanks for asking about the epub version. Amazon is available at amazon.com on a Kindle version for $2.99.
http://www.amazon.com/ABSOLUTION-Sus...9685077&sr=1-1

Susan
Old 08-20-2010, 10:17 AM   #11
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
But that is not an epub version
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #12
Music&Mayhem
Connoisseur

Epub version

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
But that is not an epub version
Okay, Geoff, you got me red and dead there! See, I'm just a writer. I spin a bunch of words and get readers all excited by killing people so that they can't wait to see what happens next.

I know from nothing about various "readers" and such.

CONFESSION ALERT! I do not yet own a Kindle. In a month or two I will, but at the mo' I don't. But I keep getting newsflashes from amazon saying I can read Kindle versions on any device I want because I can download for free some "thingy" that will convert Kindle version to anything my heart desires. Will that help you? Or maybe you didn't want to buy it anyway.

But if you just want to download the book, you can buy it for $10.00
http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=1312944
Old 08-23-2010, 08:51 PM   #13
Music&Mayhem
Connoisseur

My booktrailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Hi Susan and welcome to MobileRead. That youtube trailer is quite good, the music with it gives a real dramatic feel.
Thanks Javed, so happy you liked the trailer. I did it myself and I gotta tell you that when I found that music I knew it would be perfect for my trailer.

So thanks for the welcome and the cheers for the trailer!

And oh wait, can you tell me how to fix it so the posts in the thread show up with the most recent post first? Or maybe there isn't a way to do this.

Susan
Old 08-23-2010, 08:59 PM   #14
Music&Mayhem
Connoisseur

My booktrailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Thanks Javed, so happy you liked the trailer. I did it myself and I gotta tell you that when I found that music I knew it would be perfect for my trailer.

So thanks for the welcome and the cheers for the trailer!

And oh wait, can you tell me how to fix it so the posts in the thread show up with the most recent post first? Or maybe there isn't a way to do this.

Susan
Old 08-23-2010, 09:01 PM   #15
Music&Mayhem
Connoisseur

Your welcome message

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Good to have your company, Susan. Good luck with *Absolution* Why not also give it a wee plug in the promotions forums here? Best wishes. Neil
Thanks for the welcome, Neil. Love your kilt!
Thanks also for the suggestion, will plug it in promo forums when I find a wee moment to do so.

Your website for BeWrite is quite impressive. Must go back when I have time to check out the books and authors!

Susan

Tags
$2.99 kindle version, new orleans thriller, suspense thriller