Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #61
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Thanks for the links; I just ordered mine from Powell's!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #62
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Best Buy already list on line, not for sales yet.
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #63
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@david8866; Not sure if you realize but the Glo has been listed on Best Buy as coming soon for a very long time.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #64
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Thanks for the links; I just ordered mine from Powell's!
Me too! It was $129. I'm impatient so I paid for shipping. Standard shipping would have been free. I received mine today. So far, so good. The lighting is nice, very even. A slightly more blueish cast but not as much as the Nook Glo had.

I still like my Paperwhite. But, I like my Kobo for epubs. They've come a long way hardware wise.

And, I like Powell's too. Will order from them again in the future. I also like the independent bookstore close to my job, but they don't stock ereaders.

Last edited by voracious71; 03-05-2013 at 02:04 PM.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:20 AM   #65
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
@david8866; Not sure if you realize but the Glo has been listed on Best Buy as coming soon for a very long time.
The price is listed as $129. I think Best Buy didn't list the price before, did they? Mini is available in many store now, one can dream the Glo is actually coming.
Advert
Old 03-07-2013, 01:55 AM   #66
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
"One can dream the Glo is actually coming."

Is Best Buy the only place you do business? Where is the cereal aisle anyhow?

For the rest of us the Glo has been available for quite a while. Some of us, like myself, were too stubborn to buy one right off, but they are available.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:38 AM   #67
david8866
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
"One can dream the Glo is actually coming."

Is Best Buy the only place you do business? Where is the cereal aisle anyhow?

For the rest of us the Glo has been available for quite a while. Some of us, like myself, were too stubborn to buy one right off, but they are available.
For me, it's the warranty thing. It's much easier to deal with local store than calling Kobo, mailing it back, waiting for a replacement.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #68
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Each to their own... If you can get better service from Best Buy more power to you. They do have the advantage of a physical presence, and you can't beat the convenience of walking in and laying your hands on something you need NOW.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote