Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #526
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
I purchased two T1 last week (I've had an iLiad v2 for years, but it's rather bulky and takes forever to switch on. Bought the T1, got the boyfriend jealous, bought one for his birthday ^^). I purchased the black cover with light for him, and for me I got the tuff-luv hemp one, desert sand color. Can't wait till I receive them! I'll come back and tell you which one I prefer, if there is an interest for that!
I think you'll be wishing you had the light.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:36 AM   #527
Vanessa
French newbie
Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: iLiad v2, Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Voyage
Yeah, I thought about that, but as I didn't want the black cover, didn't like the red one and couldn't find the white one "cheap" (not wishing to pay 70$ for one, and they are that price where I live), I decided I would go for the tuff-luv one (I used to have an asus transformer, didn't buy the tuff-luv hemp because it was too expensive, got an iPad, but for it I wanted the smart cover, and it was finally the right device to get the case, so I bought it) and buy a light. So now I'm looking for a light I need a light for my regular books too anyway.
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #528
Paveuta
Paveuta began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Hello,

I went thru the whole thread and seen my case is not listed.

It is not extremely comfortable for reading but it fits the T1 very nicely and I love the look.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ls_o00_s00_i00

When I remember to fold back the stand and hook my hand in it it does work better, and the purple looks a charm with the red!

Giuditta
Paveuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:20 AM   #529
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paveuta View Post
Hello,

I went thru the whole thread and seen my case is not listed.

It is not extremely comfortable for reading but it fits the T1 very nicely and I love the look.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ls_o00_s00_i00

When I remember to fold back the stand and hook my hand in it it does work better, and the purple looks a charm with the red!

Giuditta
That is a pretty snazzy case! How do you like the light?
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #530
Paveuta
Paveuta began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
The light works fine, I just wish it was a bit less bright, if you read in bed I do have to adjust a bit or it will disturb the hubby.

Is it only me or the T1 screen generally speaking gives a bit of a reflection (not much I have to say), not only with this light but with any?
Paveuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #531
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
The m-edge eluminator, if I adjust it just right, does not glare at all, and lights the entire screen. Also it has three brightness levels. It is a fantastic light!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:53 AM   #532
Vanessa
French newbie
Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

I received my tuff-luv desert sand hemp case today. It's really pretty. Not as classy as a leather case, but I wanted to go eco-friendly (it kinda matches my LaCie Vegetal case for my macbook and my mamba shift sand colored bag). Very happy with it, and now I'm not afraid anymore to take the T1 in my bag.
Here is a picture of it with the T1 inside, in case it interests anybody :

And I'm guessing the e-luminator can be fitted on the top of the case :
Old 08-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #533
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Does the inside pocket and clear window touch the screen? I have a PRS-650 case that I needed to remove the inside pocket as it touched the screen.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #534
Vanessa
French newbie

I think it might be touching the screen, but there's a bit of space because of the PU surrounding the device. So if it touches, it's definately not pushing on the screen. But I hadn't thought about that. I'll avoid putting stuff in the leather pocket (not sure what I could put inside, anyway).
Old 08-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #535
maritimer
Maritimer
maritimer began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-300 & T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
The cover for the T1 has a really neat feature/design that was not available for the 650. (I use the one with no light. I don't know if the illuminated cover works the same.). The front flap folds very neatly and flush to the back, so you don't have to hold the bloody thing open while reading. When done, it restores it's oritinal fold and stays neatly closed by itself.
The lighted cover works the same way. Its a nice feature.
maritimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:58 PM   #536
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just received a custom cover from m-edge for my T1. Keeping the silicone skin on, I put it in the cover and it is fantastic. But there is a slight problem. The outer part seems to a fabric of some sort. On the back there is a small bit scraped up. Not sure if it was like that or if it happened while I was putting the reader in. The material is not at all like the material of the New Yorker case. Has anyone used one of these custom cloth cases? I am looking for care recommendations. Maybe there is a spray that can be applied? I have queried m-edge, asking here also. Thanks!
Old 08-31-2012, 11:22 PM   #537
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I just received a custom cover from m-edge for my T1. Keeping the silicone skin on, I put it in the cover and it is fantastic. But there is a slight problem. The outer part seems to a fabric of some sort. On the back there is a small bit scraped up. Not sure if it was like that or if it happened while I was putting the reader in. The material is not at all like the material of the New Yorker case. Has anyone used one of these custom cloth cases? I am looking for care recommendations. Maybe there is a spray that can be applied? I have queried m-edge, asking here also. Thanks!
It might help if you tell us which m-edge case you're using. They have several different designs.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #538
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

It's the MyEdge custom cover. I think it has the same fabric covering as the Trip Jacket.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #539
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Angry Lost my Eluminator light today!

I have the M-Edge Latitude case and got the light free when I bought it. But today all because the light is on the outside rather than being able to zip it up with the reader, it got knocked loose while I was putting on my backpack and now it's gone.

I love the case, but I knew that the loose light was an accident waiting to happen.

Does anyone know of a light that can go into the Latitude case but won't damage the reader, or know of another case that has a light attached securely to it.

I already have the Sony lighted cover, but I don't like the fact that it doesn't close and I have already dropped it a couple of times which is why I got another Latitude case.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:42 AM   #540
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
I have the M-Edge Latitude case and got the light free when I bought it. But today all because the light is on the outside rather than being able to zip it up with the reader, it got knocked loose while I was putting on my backpack and now it's gone.

I love the case, but I knew that the loose light was an accident waiting to happen.

Does anyone know of a light that can go into the Latitude case but won't damage the reader, or know of another case that has a light attached securely to it.

I already have the Sony lighted cover, but I don't like the fact that it doesn't close and I have already dropped it a couple of times which is why I got another Latitude case.
Oh no!! You just missed the Target sale on them. They had them for $4.99 in the stores. They're back up to $19.99.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote