Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
rsingley
rsingley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Zip Filetype Plugin?

My brother gets these Daisy ebooks that come in a password protected zip file. I wrote a plugin that uses 7zip and converts the contents and returns an html file. It works fine if I rename the zip file to something else and add to file_types. Otherwise it adds the password protected zip to the library instead. I'm assuming this is because calibre's built in zip support is conflicting in some way.

I realize it's seems pretty simple to just rename the files, but my brother is computer illiterate, and I'm tired of having to go to his house every time he downloads a new book.

Is there any way to make this work?
rsingley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Give your plugin the same name as the calibre archive plugin and a higher priority, then it will override the builtin plugin.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
rsingley

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Give your plugin the same name as the calibre archive plugin and a higher priority, then it will override the builtin plugin.
Thanks for the quick reply.

I have:

Code:
name='Archive Extract'
priority=100000
It still has the same behavior as before.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Disable the builtin plugin.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
rsingley

Quote:
Disable the builtin plugin.
It wont let me, now that they have the same name, they enable and disable together.
Advert
Old 02-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

So disable the builtin one and give your a different name
Old 02-11-2011, 04:48 PM   #7
rsingley

Quote:
So disable the builtin one and give your a different name
That did the trick. Thanks for the quick support, I just made a small donation.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You're welcome