Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 01-08-2004, 10:18 PM   #16
elvisfan
elvisfan began at the beginning.

Device: Palm tungsten t2
There is only so much time during the day. I checked out this sight in a previous incarnation. I like to come here. It is interesting. I like Isilo better than Avantgo. It is a little more difficult to figure out. That is why I come here. I will certainly try to check it out more often and contribute. Perhaps it should be more general PDA information and advice.
elvisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 01:08 AM   #17
gadgetguru
Addict
gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Tungsten T5
Maybe broaden the content a bit, merge a few of the sections, and make the mobile links section just a part of the website, not the main focus.
gadgetguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 04:08 AM   #18
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by visorprismman
Is there a way to change the amount of posts from one username to the other? I don't want to be considered a new user. You can disable my visorprismman account if you like.
No problem, I will change the name of your existing user so post count, private messages, etc. will stay the same. Tell me when you've decided for the new username.

Quote:
I think that a user reviews should be implemented into the site because I do not trust what beta testers or people who get free programs to evaluate have to say about a certain program. It's the real users that I want unbiased people. I can do short reviews or first impressions now that I'm switching to a more "standard" device.
User Reviews would be great.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 04:11 AM   #19
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetguru
Maybe broaden the content a bit, merge a few of the sections, and make the mobile links section just a part of the website, not the main focus.
This weekend I will think about how I can best change the main focus without making the forum too "universal" and yet broading the content.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:20 PM   #20
zire71man
Nameless Being

Here is my new username Alexander...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
No problem, I will change the name of your existing user so post count, private messages, etc. will stay the same. Tell me when you've decided for the new username.

User Reviews would be great.
Hey,

Thanks very much Alexander, here is my new username.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:58 PM   #21
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by zire71man
Hey,

Thanks very much Alexander, here is my new username.
np, done
Old 01-10-2004, 12:34 PM   #22
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Thumbs up Thanks...

Quote:
np, done
Hey Alexander,

Thanks so much!!
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 11:15 AM   #23
Griff
Enthusiast
Griff began at the beginning.

Device: Clie NR70v
It's like I said last summer...you should run the site because you want to, not because of who comes to visit.

If it were me I'd do two things. One I suggested before but it bares repeating.

First I'd make the WCC a paid download from PalmGear and HanDango. I'd charge something like $4.95 with a year of updates included. Point people back here to discuss it.

Second, I think maybe a name change would be needed. Turcic.com just doesn't scream what the site is about. You visit ClieSource and you know what it is, or PocketLoft and you get an idea. A name that's more descriptive of what is being discussed would be a good thing.
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 12:49 PM   #24
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff
Second, I think maybe a name change would be needed. Turcic.com just doesn't scream what the site is about. You visit ClieSource and you know what it is, or PocketLoft and you get an idea. A name that's more descriptive of what is being discussed would be a good thing.
How do you like Mobileread.com?
Old 01-11-2004, 01:26 PM   #25
Griff
Enthusiast
Griff began at the beginning.

Device: Clie NR70v
Seems a little vanilla to me...perhaps mobilereading would be better...but to make it go you need to change the whole name of the place, not just have a forward to turcic.

I'll PM you with a suggestion.
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 01:38 PM   #26
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff
...but to make it go you need to change the whole name of the place, not just have a forward to turcic.
It is actually an alias which I would have used for the upcoming site-update, so https://www.mobileread.com/forums/index.php etc works as well.

Quote:
I'll PM you with a suggestion.
I like your suggestion. It also integrates well with what I've planned to change.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:44 PM   #27
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
It definitely does! I am not going to remove turcic.com, but I will try to move the focus to something more like a general computer news portal. In other words, nothing old will be removed, only new things will be added. I believe that content is the most important aspect of a web site, so let's try to increase user activity by creating new content.
Hi Alexander!

I'm glad you're not going to remove the current forums. I think turcic provides a service that is unique, and would be sorely missed if it were taken down.

I heartily agree with your thoughts about increasing focus for my forums, as anything that brings people to the site and gets them using it is a Good Thing (tm)

Keep up the good work!

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:52 PM   #28
Tim Neal
Tim Neal began at the beginning.

The service you have provided is very much apreciated by me. I would not be able to use my device to download information without the obivious effort you have made to make it possible. I personally am not as internet savy as many people, I do like to stay informed, and you have made this possible for me. I am not sure what contribution I would be able to add. I am just a truck driver with a high school education. I know you will be successful in what ever you chose to do because you have done a great job here. If in the future you would chose to charge for your service I would be willing to subscribe.
Thanks for your efforts!
Best Regards;
Tim Neal <jeetneal@aol.com>
Tim Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 06:09 PM   #29
BasilC
Zealot
BasilC is on a distinguished road

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Alex,

I haven't had time to access the site as much as I used to, but I've certainly found it interesting and useful. Ithink one reason you've had a big drop-off in postings is that the main problems have already been discussed. The coverage has been so comprehensive that there's not much more to say, which is really a tribute to your website. The only thing we're still missing is some instruction in how to write script clips in HandStory.

I think broadening the subject matter would be a good idea, but please keep the forums on iSilo, HandStory etc And, of course, the invaluable collections.

Whatever you decide, I wish you much success.

Basil
BasilC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 08:27 PM   #30
mrttw
mrttw began at the beginning.

Hey, man. You had done a great job compiling all those channels. I prefer to use iSiloX than AvantGo. Pls do continue or alternatively invite others to assist you so you can spend on you other "ventures".
mrttw is offline   Reply With Quote