Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-02-2015, 01:09 AM   #1
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Clash of Clans on Fire 1 possible?

Hi,

sorry for this quite specific question, but I have tried in vain to install "Clash of Clans" on my first generation Kindle Fire.

I have removed nearly all other software from the memory, but still keep getting a "parsing error file" when trying to load it from the sideload website.

So far, do not want to root my Kindle Fire, but if that is what it takes, I am considering it.

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:46 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
IIRC the original Fire runs a forked version of Gingerbread (2.3.3). CoC 7.1.1 requires at least Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.3) according to Google Play. Fire's didn't get that until the 2nd generation IIRC. So that could be the problem.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:14 AM   #3
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Hi AnemicOak :-)

Thank you, that is great information. So I will look into rooting my Kindle.

I must say that I have no experience in that area, so does anybody have a suggestion for me which Android Version (Jellybean/Gingerbread) is the easiest to install?

Have done some googling and found some how-to's, but so far nothing that struck me as particularly easy. Especially this one did not fill me with confidence: http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...utionary-tale/

Especially as - if I am not mistaken, do not have it with me - my Kindle Fire is on system 6.3.3 and not on 6.3.1 any more.

Last edited by Andy_T; 03-02-2015 at 04:25 AM.
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:20 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
If you're going to completely replace the Kindle OS with regular Android see what's available for your device from Cyanogenmod. Just remember that for CoC you'll probably need Ice Cream Sandwich as a minimum.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote