Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 01-17-2008, 04:27 AM   #31
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by muratlale4 View Post
Why not make a device that has all these specs with a screen size that works with A4 or standard US letter format well?
But it does?!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:26 AM   #32
Tulkas
Enthusiast
Tulkas began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, CyBook Gen3, iPod Touch, PB 360
Nooooooo ... I'm going to be bankrupt at this rate

(I know I don't have to buy one but ... )
Tulkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:43 AM   #33
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post
Nooooooo ... I'm going to be bankrupt at this rate

(I know I don't have to buy one but ... )
Yeah, the same here.
Rumours about 9.7" screen was the main reason why I decided not to buy iRex iLiad.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:36 AM   #34
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I like the idea of the bigger screen. In my opinion though, the device is ugly. Maybe I'm just partial to the elegent simplicity of the iLiad, but I think I'll be holding off on getting on of these.

Maybe iRex can step up with a larger screen iLiad version (with suspend/sleep support?)...
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:28 AM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
For me, the most intriguing thing is the effect of the A4 screen
Quote:
PVI can not yet mass-produce 9.7-inch displays
Seems to be something of a contradiction there. A 9.7" screen is not A4!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:48 AM   #36
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I am personally more interested in the Plasticlogic devices for real A4 readers. I dont wnat to have a big A4 device. Though i dont know, how they are going to solve the "scribbling" on the flexible devices.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:52 AM   #37
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
I am personally more interested in the Plasticlogic devices for real A4 readers. I dont wnat to have a big A4 device. Though i dont know, how they are going to solve the "scribbling" on the flexible devices.
That's a real good point tribble! That would also apply to safely carrying the device.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:01 PM   #38
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by muratlale4 View Post
The V9 looks incredible!! What I dont get is the size of the screen, it seems to a bit prohibitive. Why not make a device that has all these specs with a screen size that works with A4 or standard US letter format well?
Perhaps there is a device like that out there, and I dont know about it (since I am a n00b, it is quite possible )
That is exactly what they did!!! A small screen does not work with A4 or standard US letter format well if page formatting is important. To hold a big page requires a big screen and even so it is smaller than the paper.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:56 PM   #39
power100
power100 began at the beginning.

Device: no
good, thanks to T bag
I tried to contact with Jinke several time about release time of V9.
I would like to wait another half year to get one.
reading PDF is really important to me. and V3 support djvu, hopfully V9 can support djvu too.
power100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:58 PM   #40
power100

Jinke also ships smaller one with cheaper price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMatt View Post
It's size makes it less portable than the Sony Reader or the Kindle. :-(
Old 01-17-2008, 10:03 PM   #41
power100

how much would you pay ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
I like the idea of the bigger screen. In my opinion though, the device is ugly. Maybe I'm just partial to the elegent simplicity of the iLiad, but I think I'll be holding off on getting on of these.

Maybe iRex can step up with a larger screen iLiad version (with suspend/sleep support?)...
Old 01-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #42
power100

margin!
is there margin on your A4/letter printing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Seems to be something of a contradiction there. A 9.7" screen is not A4!
Old 01-18-2008, 03:03 AM   #43
hakim
Connoisseur
hakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmos

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 840, Sony PRS-505
T-bag, could you post some HIGH resolution photos of this device? I wonder how the fonts look like. On v3 when viewing pdfs fonts look pretty ugly.
hakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:31 AM   #44
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by power100 View Post
margin!
is there margin on your A4/letter printing?
Sorry, what I meant was that an A4 page is a specific size - 210 x 297mm. That equates to a diagonal size of 364mm, or 14.3".

You really can't say that a 9.7" screen is "A4" when it clearly isn't. It may be possible to use such a screen to read A4 documents reasonably well, but that doesn't make it an "A4 screen".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:33 PM   #45
Rosentredere
Rosentredere began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You really [i
can't[/i] say that a 9.7" screen is "A4" when it clearly isn't. It may be possible to use such a screen to read A4 documents reasonably well, but that doesn't make it an "A4 screen".
Exactly, a 9.7” screen is only slightly larger than A5, making it half the size of A4.
Rosentredere is offline   Reply With Quote