Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-21-2009, 01:20 PM   #31
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Ok, I just ordered one 5 minutes ago. My card obviously hasn't been charged yet, but it is showing an estimated delivery date of 2/25.
I rest my case.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:22 PM   #32
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I rest my case.
Well, we'll see what happens in the next few days. My delivery date could change to something further out for all I know or maybe it's because I used one day shipping.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #33
radiationman
Connoisseur
radiationman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
Or they could of over produced just to make sure that they wouldnt run out of stock yet again lol.
That's my thought - and why the K1 has been unavailable for so long. I think Amazon decided to build a huge pre-launch stock so they could be sure they met the anticipated demand.

While it wouldn't surprise me if K1 owners orders were processed first I'd also bet that Amazon has plenty of stock on hand in order to avoid the fulfillment issues that they've had in the past...
radiationman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:36 PM   #34
Plumfan
Plumfan began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhdumpling View Post
Wait. You live in an air park? In a hanger apartment?! That's either awesome or terrible. I love planes, but I don't know if I could live THAT close to them!

Still. I have to lean heavily toward awesome!
Off topic, but I have evolved. When we lived on an AFB and the big cargo C5A's darkened the sky over housing during nap time the first day, I grabbed my baby out of his crib and went outside. I stopped noticing them after a bit.
Plumfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #35
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Yeap I've been charged w00t! Delivery the 26th it claims...
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 08:16 PM   #36
CRoss
Bibliophile
CRoss began at the beginning.

No charge here (ordered Feb. 12) and an estimated delivery date of March 2.
CRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:49 PM   #37
Mintaka
Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.

Device: K2, K3 3G+WiFi, Nexus One (2.2)
It's coming!

Mintaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:08 AM   #38
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

FINALLY!!

Charge showed up on my bank account and my status changed to shipping soon!
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #39
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
Mine says 'shipping soon' YAAAAY
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:48 AM   #40
pixelbased
pixelbased doesn't litterpixelbased doesn't litter

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Hey everyone, new here to the forums, but longtime lurker

My card was charged this morning, and the item status is now "shipping soon" with delivery estimate: February 25, 2009

SO EXCITED!!!! I want to say "You have no idea how excited I am!!" but you DO!
pixelbased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #41
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
wOOt!!!

Items shipped on February 22, 2009:
Delivery estimate: March 3, 2009
1 package via USPS 1 of: Kindle 2: Amazon's New Wireless Reading Device (Latest Generation)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:43 PM   #42
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelbased View Post
Hey everyone, new here to the forums, but longtime lurker

My card was charged this morning, and the item status is now "shipping soon" with delivery estimate: February 25, 2009

SO EXCITED!!!! I want to say "You have no idea how excited I am!!" but you DO!
Welcome to MobileRead, Pixelbased. Enjoy your K2.....have you downloaded the guide so you can be a pro when it arrives?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:45 PM   #43
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Looks like mine's shipping soon too for delivery 2/25. No serial number listed yet though.

Guess that means they have plenty since I just ordered yesterday. Figured I might have to wait a while.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #44
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Just received a "your order has shipped" email from Amazon for the Kindle going to my mother (set to arrive March 2nd). No notice on mine yet.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #45
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
My order changed to Shipping Soon sometime after 9 AM.
Delivery on the 25th. (I ordered Feb. 8)
Still nothing on my charge card though.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote