Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-23-2009, 06:37 AM   #1
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
ebay Business User: need help from UK

While looking for a PRS-505 on ebay, I found this "buy Now":

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=150321277497

It seems interesting, given also the good feedback (the only negative one was about shipping late...)

Now, I've gone through the usual checks: contact the seller, contact other buyers (from Italy), search for the company, and so on...

Here's where I'm stuck:
The directories I know -the Yellow Pages and The company Merchant ( http://www.thecompanymerchant.co.uk/ )- don't have any reference at all to a company called "Anotopia":

Anotopia
47 Lady Isle House
Ferry Court
Cardiff, Cardiff
CF11 0JH
United Kingdom

But the ebayer emailed me that he can send an invoice "Please keep your ebay documents as proof of purchase however i am also abel to supply an official invoice from my company, Anotopia, should you wish."
The guy is very kind, and he also edited the auction with the answers to my questions; he got information about insurance shipping via Royal Mail...

I googled for the account, the email address, the name in the signature, the company name and address, and the first sentence in the mail he sent me, and I didn't fount nothing suspicious about him (nothing at all, actually).

Now, what do you think?
Do British MReaders know some another directory to check?
Will I follow my instinct and send him my money?
Or do you know a real shop (not UK only, everywhere in EU is fine) where I can buy the Sony for the same price?

Thank you to everybody!

PS: am I in the right section of the forum?
Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:00 AM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
The address is a Cardiff apartment block, so he's running the business from home.

Here's a picture of the block
http://www.zoopla.co.uk/property/27/...11-0jh/4081239
My workplace is just two miles up the road.

A search on Google's shopping link finds a lot of Sony Readers at his price and cheaper.
http://www.google.co.uk/prdhp?hl=en&tab=wf

And Waterstones in the UK is offering them at £224, both online and in their Cardiff shop.
http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...=11&Image1.y=3
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2009, 09:00 AM   #3
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
To be honest you can buy it new from Waterstones for 224 UKP, as a last resort I'm sure one of the people on here can buy it and send it on for you (I know I have a few Waterstones within walk myself), but you may want to check out other UK sites like play.com to see if they send it abroad (Amazon UK don't, play didn't seem to say they couldn't)
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:52 AM   #4
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Thank you very much for your help, Patricia and Simon!!!!

Play.com has got a very funny exchange rate, and I think it's not an option...
So, if someone volunteers to but and sell it, I can do the same from here: maybe somebody look for Pradas, or other items that are cheaper in Italy than in the UK... I don't think it's possible to send wine, but I can ask customs...

Thank you again!

Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:06 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
He may be 'trading as' Anotopia, but there's no registered company of that name. See http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/ the 'Search Company Information" link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: View Post
Here's where I'm stuck:
The directories I know -the Yellow Pages and The company Merchant ( http://www.thecompanymerchant.co.uk/ )- don't have any reference at all to a company called "Anotopia":

Anotopia
47 Lady Isle House
Ferry Court
Cardiff, Cardiff
CF11 0JH
United Kingdom
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2009, 06:32 AM   #6
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: View Post
Thank you very much for your help, Patricia and Simon!!!!

Play.com has got a very funny exchange rate, and I think it's not an option...
So, if someone volunteers to but and sell it, I can do the same from here: maybe somebody look for Pradas, or other items that are cheaper in Italy than in the UK... I don't think it's possible to send wine, but I can ask customs...

Thank you again!

I'm afraid I haven't got the spare cash to get one to sell on or I'd be quite willing to do it (doubt you'd be willing to send cash up front to some random individual )
simond is offline   Reply With Quote