Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 03-06-2012, 02:22 AM   #1
notsew54
notsew54 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
New Yorker App

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this.

I thought I would drop a post here to say that I have the New Yorker App working on my rooted T1. I spent a lot of time searching the web to see if it would work, and couldn't find anything and ended up figuring it out.

I couldn't stand having a reader without the new yorker magazine. Note, that you do have to have a subscription.

If there is anyone else out there trying to figure it out, here's how I did it:
- rooted t1
- download dolphin mini browser apk and install through dropbox (because it allows the t1 to do downloads)
- with the new browser go to www.nextissue.com/instructions.html scroll to the bottom and click "try downloading again" to download the nextissue app.
-install, find the new yorker and fill out the forms to activate your digital subscription.

It works okay, the page turn is pretty painful (lots of flashing) but I can survive it (if anyone has tips on how to bypass the page turn animations that would be great).

I also tried installing the New Yorker apk from the kindle fire that I found on xda but it wouldn't work because it need adobe air and adobe air is too big to put onto the limited space on the t1.

Last edited by notsew54; 03-06-2012 at 03:08 AM.
notsew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:46 AM   #2
robyshot
Enthusiast
robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony Prs T1
you can use this https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=33

to go in a b/w mode (no grayscale) that doesn't refresh at all
robyshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
notsew54
notsew54 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
It did take care of the animation, but unfortunately the font in the app seems to need the grey to be readable.

Thanks for the tip anyways.
notsew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #4
Frescard
Enthusiast
Frescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Considering that the nextissue site was eaten by Google, has anybody had any success in getting the/a New Yorker app onto a T1?
Mine isn't rooted yet, but I wouldn't mind doing it, if I could then read the New Yorker properly (the Calibre version is just missing too much content, and the formatting is pretty bad as well).
Frescard is offline   Reply With Quote