Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-29-2011, 07:13 AM   #1
djrulz
djrulz began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Question Background image

Hi,

I jus converted a epub using mobipacket creator to mobi.
But what I found is that there are no background images displayed.

Also default top and bottom margins for <h*> tags were gone.

I used Kindle for PC to preview the mobi file.

Is it normal in .mobi format or any problem in CSS...?

PS: I'm just new to these .mobi formats.
djrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I see nothing in the Mobipocket list of supported HTML tags to suggest that background images are supported. Probably would not look very good on an e-ink reader, or even on a monitor screen, in most cases (if behind text).

Most tools convert CSS as best they can, to the actual tags permitted for Mobipocket format, as far as I know.

Perhaps your CSS has messed with the margins for h* tags, and caused the margins to be gone? Normally, I see decent spacing before and after h* tags, when I convert HTML to Mobipocket format.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert