Device: none
how to unlock my iphone?

Hi, is the any way to do it?
Paul Weinstock
Paul Weinstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:09 AM   #2
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
QuickPwn
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:35 PM   #3
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
why?
read with stanza, no JB necessary!
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:44 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Stanza doesn't support images. If that's important, it won't do.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:54 PM   #5
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Well it really does depends upon which iPhone you have.

If its the original, head over to iPhonehacks.com for more info.

The iPhone 3G does not, as far as I'm aware have a firmware unlock method, thought its been jailbroken.

The only option that you currently have to use another Network's SIM (as I believe that's what you probably want to do) is to get a product like SIMable or iSmartphone Which is basicly an adaptor which slips over the SIM card you want to use, and fools the iPhone into thinking it is an authorised SIM.

I've not personally tried it yet, but am waiting for my iSmartphone Device to arrive. I decided on getting it as it does not require any mods to the SIM itself, unlike the SIMable which requires you to punch a hole in it. Its also pretty cheap, around $15 on ebay, or £9 including delivery.

JKOnTheRun had a nice mention of it, and I'll suggest scrolling down the comments for more info.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:17 AM   #6
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
ah, now I get it. Sorry, I just assumed that anything posted here is ebook-centered
Using an iPhone with another carrier never occured to me
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:12 AM   #7
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
ah, now I get it. Sorry, I just assumed that anything posted here is ebook-centered
Using an iPhone with another carrier never occured to me
Hey! Its better then paying rip off roaming charges

I'm pretty keen on it as I travel overseas quiet a bit, and it's uusually a ton cheaper to just buy a local SIM if you're in any one place for any length of time.

I also tend to carry a couple of extra Prepaid SIM"s which have better calling charges for specific calls, and it would be nice to be able to just swap out the SIM, as opposed to having to carry another phone as I normally do now.

As for the eBook, well Stanza and Files lite are pretty nice. I just wish there was an easier way to get files into stanza, as opposed to having to do it one by one. I'll like a way for it to actually just sync a specific folder on my computer.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:28 AM   #8
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by voidale View Post
What model you got?
Well, I got the iPhone 3G 16GB about 2 weeks ago.

I was going to get the SE Xperia X1m but with supplies of it being limited, and needing a phone fast (My old one dropping dead suddenly) I decided to get an iPhone, just to see what the fuss was all about.

With My usage, mainly email and Web surfing, and Media consumption, its working reasonably well, though I find the lack of Flash support to be a bit of a pain. Still, as I don't make that many calls, as I usually use Vonage and Skype I don't find the Phone app that bad.

I got my iSmartphone adaptor, and while it worked for a few hours, it stopped forking afterwords. The seller said it was probably faulty, and is sending me a replacement.

Just keep in mind that apparently the iTunes software seems to recognise something is wrong, as it will not mount the phone with the adaptor in it. Switching to Flight Mode before connecting seemed to solve this, but need to do a little more testing.