Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
johanp
johanp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, PocketBook Touch 622
Readers for Touch

Hi all,

Enjoying my new 622 Touch very much But I have some issues with the stock readers.

It seems the AdobeViewer doesn't allow you to change font or margin sizes through the settings - true, or am I missing something here? I was able to increase the margins and set another preferred fonts using a UserStyle.css as described here, and now it is very usable, although I would like to be able to use the settings menu.

The stock FBreader is much nicer, customizable fonts (but not in all books), possible to set margins etc. But it has one big problem: in quite a few books the text becomes centered instead of justified, rendering it useless for those. Is there a way to remedy this?

In the user tips sticky FBReader180 is mentioned, but the latest version here is dated Feb 2011, will it work on Touch?

I've also seen CoolReader mentioned a lot, but on this page I see no mention of 622, is there no version available yet?

What I'm after is mostly to be able to change font, margins etc through the settings. I don't care about features like "wrist turn".

Most of my books are MOBI source that I have converted to EPUB with Calibre.

Thanks in advance.

/Johan
johanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #2
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Strange, minutes ago I dug out this old thread from the german forum because it contains nearly all informations you need.

I hope GOOGLEtranslate is good enough for you, otherwise just ask.

Edit: fbreader180 won't work, CR does but not all features (most missing: dictionaries) because it's not adapted to touch. But still great...

Last edited by troll05; 01-14-2013 at 05:01 PM.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #3
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook touch 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanp View Post
Hi all,

... But it has one big problem: in quite a few books the text becomes centered instead of justified, rendering it useless for those. Is there a way to remedy this?
/Johan
if this happens with calibre conversion you can force the justified or left align in the second page of conversion options
paolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #4
johanp
johanp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, PocketBook Touch 622
Thanks for the Calibre tips. I now get justified text in fbReader and can change font, line spacing and margins in fbReader.

However, in adobeViewer I still cannot change anything. Font cannot be changed even though Font is marked in Filter Style Information in Calibre. Any tips?

I would like to try CoolReader, but after a lot of searching here I'm still very confused. Is this the place to get it from and should I get the 60H/90H/360 + / 611 version? Since the device does not have an extensions.cfg, is it safe to take any extensions.cfg posted on that site or in this forum and place it in system/config? Is it necessary to install skins?
johanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #5
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You may try this one
It is safe to use extensions.cfg posted on this site. In case if something will work not as you expect (after using extensions.cfg) you will always be able to remove it or edit it (people here will help you with this). It is not necessary to install skins.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:17 AM   #6
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi pkbo,

nice to hear from you again.

Is there any chance you adapt the CR3 for the 622?
It works mostly, but some features are not very good to handle because they are designed for corsor use and not for touchscreen.
Also it would be great to have the one-touch dictionary available.

Regards, troll05
Old 01-17-2013, 04:40 AM   #7
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
troll05, I can imagine how inconvenient current CR on touch device but chances are small. I don't have enough time to make it good. I can implement some small changes to make it a bit more usable but not sure if it worth it. I heard that FBreader on PB 622 is not so bad.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:44 AM   #8
troll05
Harmless idiot

Fbreader and AdobeViewer on the touch are both very good, but the CR had the unique feature of changeable contrast and a very wide range of customization settings.

Fbreader180 was not bad in that respect either, but this one doesn't work on the touch