Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Original kindle (K1) jailbreak?

I just got a K1 (original kindle) that was being sold by an ebay store for under $25. I found it from this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=202628

It is like brand new, but the "roller switch" seems to be flaky. I will have to contact them about it...

I am surprised at how good the screen looks. It is better than my DX eink screen.

My question is, does anybody here have links to any useful jailbreak/rooting hacks for the original K1?

All I have found so far is the hak5 video demo of a serial port hack, and this:
http://igorsk.blogspot.com

This has an SD card slot. Is there a jailbreak that can run from SD card?

And I still need a K2 for my collection.

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-17-2013 at 04:47 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@GM: AFAIR, depending on the FW version, it doesn't really need one, the update packages weren't signed.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert