Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-02-2009, 02:51 PM   #61
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherTD View Post
Perhaps I was a bit harsh. I am delighted to have the ebook, and it does seem to render nicely on the iPhone using Stanza. However, given the hoops you have to jump through to get it there, I hope I can still do that hoop jumping for the future releases and don't get stuck half way through!
Found an other ocr mistake. stones instead of stories.
Didn't they had a proper file when they first printed the books ?
However, i lke the fact it's the same font and chapter images than the p-books .

Last edited by EowynCarter; 11-02-2009 at 02:54 PM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #62
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
Heh. You could do a diff on the new version and the Darknet version and see which one is more accurate. ;-)
It'd be pretty funny if they were the same.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2009, 03:20 PM   #63
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
do we have any idea of the regularity of these releases? ie, when the December release will be?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #64
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
do we have any idea of the regularity of these releases? ie, when the December release will be?
The full schedule is on the Tor website...

Next one is mid-December

http://www.tor.com/index.php?option=...d=58172#ebooks
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #65
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
thanks! I sure wish they would do this a little faster than one a month!
Advert
Old 12-03-2009, 03:42 PM   #66
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

just for fun, two image, us and uk edition...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uk.JPG
Views:	286
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	40666   Click image for larger version

Name:	us.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	40667  
Old 12-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #67
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
I just won't pay that for a book that has been out that long in paperback. This is why I am glad that I had gotten them in Audible format and can use them in any mp3 player. I would have liked to have a printed copy but at that price I will pick them up at a used book store instead.
magicmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:48 PM   #68
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

I don't have a problem with having been out in paperback for that long, I have a problem with having bought it already in hardback and paperback and not only buying it yet again, but having to wait. I've read most of the series, but at around 9 or 10 (both of which I have) I was traveling too much to keep track of the books anymore. (this is one of the scenarios where a Kindle is superb!) I had gotten in the habit of re-reading 2 or 3 books every time a new one was released. since it has been about 5 years since I have read any of them I want to re-read the series entirely. I'm semi seriously thinking about cheating. this one a month bit is BS
Old 12-04-2009, 03:04 AM   #69
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
That's crap. I would like to have the US version, based on your screenshots. Graphics are better and more alike the printed version. Alas I am EU based, so that will be a challange. It is just like the region crap with DVD's....
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:12 AM   #70
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
That's crap. I would like to have the US version, based on your screenshots. Graphics are better and more alike the printed version. Alas I am EU based, so that will be a challange. It is just like the region crap with DVD's....
I'm in Eu, and BookOnBoard sold me the US version , and without having to lie about where I live
Well, the us site site, the uk one will not allows me to buy the eye of the world, but i can buy the great hunt.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 12-04-2009 at 03:17 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:54 AM   #71
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm in Eu, and BookOnBoard sold me the US version , and without having to lie about where I live
Well, the us site site, the uk one will not allows me to buy the eye of the world, but i can buy the great hunt.
Ok, that is good to remember. Why of why a different version in US and UK? Probably only because Orbit is the UK publisher and also want some dough...
Old 12-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #72
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Ok, that is good to remember. Why of why a different version in US and UK? Probably only because Orbit is the UK publisher and also want some dough...
Do the paperbacks have different versions, with the two countries preferred spellings and punctuation?
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #73
lkodk
Connoisseur
lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: PRS-505 + PRS-600 + PRS-T1 + Kobo Glo
Quote:
Do you know if there are differences in the maps as well?
Until now I have only bought book 1 in the UK version, and the maps in that are really poorly rendered.

If the maps in the US versions are better, then I will go for those from book 2.
lkodk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:45 AM   #74
Toxaris
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
Do the paperbacks have different versions, with the two countries preferred spellings and punctuation?
As far as I can tell/remember from the printed version, they are alike. Although I must say, since English is not my native tongue I doubt I would have noticed the differences. For me there is no difference between reading UK English or US English. I know there are some differences, but for me they are small.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:03 PM   #75
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkodk View Post
Do you know if there are differences in the maps as well?
Until now I have only bought book 1 in the UK version, and the maps in that are really poorly rendered.

If the maps in the US versions are better, then I will go for those from book 2.
The US have the full map, in one piece. Images as seen in the pBooks.
While in the uk edition, the first one is cut in two images, and the second have it's fancy border cut out. All decoration is taken off.