Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-15-2009, 11:20 AM   #31
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
Somewhat hijacked but a search didn't turn this up...Am I the only one who is finding some of the de drmed files corrupted - ie. words/paragraphs and sometimes pages missing? I have been solving this by upgrading my .py script to the most recent and doing a scan of the document to check and for the most part this seems to be working but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something...

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:30 AM   #32
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelC View Post
Somewhat hijacked but a search didn't turn this up...Am I the only one who is finding some of the de drmed files corrupted - ie. words/paragraphs and sometimes pages missing? I have been solving this by upgrading my .py script to the most recent and doing a scan of the document to check and for the most part this seems to be working but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something...

Mel
No problems like that here. I'm assuming you checked against the original to make sure it wasn't just a badly produced ebook, I've had that happen a few times.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #33
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Yes, I did load up the drm'd version on my Cybook and it was fine. And the difference is apparent when you compare the file converted by v.1 or v.2 of the .py vs. v.6 for example. It's not that it shows any errors in running the script, everything appears to run smoothly in terminal (running Mac OS) just that the book post script is missing stuff when you view it on Calibre or on the reader.

Mel
Old 10-15-2009, 12:28 PM   #34
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
version 6?

Hmm...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:03 PM   #35
MelC
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
version 6?

Hmm...
Might have been 5? I'm at work so no access to check what the file version was on my home computer. Suffice it to say it was a more recent version than 1 or 2 which is what I started with.

Mel
Advert
Old 10-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #36
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelC View Post
Might have been 5? I'm at work so no access to check what the file version was on my home computer. Suffice it to say it was a more recent version than 1 or 2 which is what I started with.

Mel
Yeah I got one called 5, but thought maybe sumthin else might be crawing around.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:13 PM   #37
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
There is a version 6 of the script around that fixes some decoding problems similar to that described.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Yeah I got one called 5, but thought maybe sumthin else might be crawing around.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #38
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
There is a version 6 of the script around that fixes some decoding problems similar to that described.
Thanks.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:41 PM   #39
MelC
Evangelist

I checked, it was v6. Amended January 2009.

Mel
Old 10-15-2009, 10:17 PM   #40
kennyc

Yep. I guess there was a version this neophyte was unaware of.....got it now though thanks to a really nice guy.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #41
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Hmm, time to search for version 6 then!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote