Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #31
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
The Last Crime by Ian Kennedy Martin at Amazon's mainstore

In a nightmare world of people controlled by an elite and their computers a desperate Harold Acteon seeking for justice has a violent but inevitable philosophy that freedom requires the freedom to murder. And from the outset the chase between the pursuer and his pursued can only resolve itself through slaughter and mayhem in this appalling rationale of destruction.

"What makes this novel so interesting is the extraordinary brilliance of its execution. Kennedy-Martin writes like someone as rapturously high on words and images as his characters on their 'jollies'. For most of the time one is stunned by his virtuosity. One has the impression of an immensely fecund, feverish intelligence to match the immensely fecund, feverish imagination..."
Francis King, Spectator

"The satisfying qualities of a well-planned thriller as well as the intellectual questing that is the essence of science fiction..."
Isobel Murray, Financial Times
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #32
pdops
Zealot
pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareK View Post
Thank you, icedtea - it's great to find something that's not just for a Kindle!
I'll second that. Thanks icedtea !
pdops is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2012, 01:58 AM   #33
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
FREE at Amazon US:

Lee Killough Special Edition - Omnibus includes 3 Books in The Gareth Mikaelian Mystery Series - Lee Killough [Paranormal/Police Procedural]

The 3 books are:

-Blood Hunt - Originally published by Tor in 1987
-Bloodlinks - Originally published by Tor in 1988
-Blood Games - Originally published by Meisha Merlin Publishing in 2001

-Author has been published by Daw, Ballantine, Tor, Del Rey, etc.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:37 AM   #34
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

6 FREE books by Michael A. Smith at Amazon US:

(1) Legacy of the Lake - Michael A. Smith [Thriller/Suspense]

-This book was previously published in 1980 by Avon.

(2) Secrets - Michael A. Smith [Thriller/Suspense]

-This book was previously published in 1980 by St. Martin's Press.

(3) Jeremiah Terrorist Prophet (Jeremiah Trilogy) - Michael A. Smith [Thriller/Suspense]

-This book was previously published in 1998 by Forge (Imprint of St. Martin's Press).

(4) Lightning's Child - Michael Smith [Thriller]

(5) Marginal People - Michael A. Smith [Mystery/Suspense]

(6) Naked America - Michael A. Smith [Non-Fiction/Ideologies/Politics]
Old 09-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #35
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
The Michael Smith titles are NOT listed as free in my U.S. Kindle.

The same with the Lee Killough book: It is showing as NOT free.

Don
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #36
kg3
Guru

-->Dr. Drib, I posted those later in the evening and they must have been only for 24 hours or less. There's no way for me to know ahead of time before posting, I always hope if I end up posting things later in the day/evening they will be available for at least 2 or more days (which some/many are). I try to post as early as possible but my schedule is erratic and I do the best I can.

-Hopefully these titles will come up again and be re-posted by me or others, they're all now entered at ereaderiq.com.

Last edited by kg3; 09-09-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #37
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
-->Dr. Drib, I posted those later in the evening and they must have been only for 24 hours or less. There's no way for me to know ahead of time before posting, I always hope if I end up posting things later in the day/evening they will be available for at least 2 or more days (which some/many are). I try to post as early as possible but my schedule is erratic and I do the best I can.

-Hopefully these titles will come up again and be re-posted by me or others, they're all now entered at ereaderiq.com.
Yeah, sometimes I have to be quick or I don't catch it before the price goes back up. But thanks for posting it when you did see it. I too, missed it, a mere 3 hours after the timestamp of your post..... for some of them we gotta nab 'em.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #38
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:

Your post is showing that the post occured very early this morning....is it possible you saw only the Prime price?

--- I hope they were actually free, as I would enjoy getting those Michael Smith titles.

Don
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #39
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Your post is showing that the post occured very early this morning....is it possible you saw only the Prime price?

--- I hope they were actually free, as I would enjoy getting those Michael Smith titles.

Don
It was still yesterday at Amazon when kg3 posted.

Last edited by issybird; 09-09-2012 at 09:19 AM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #40
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Another freebie from Gina Cresse today - A Deadly Change of Luck

Quote:
Devonie buys a fixer-upper house as an investment and gets way more than she bargained for. Before long, she's involved in a lottery scandal and murder investigation.

A Deadly Change of Luck is Gina's fifth mystery for AVALON and fifth in the Devonie Lace Mystery Series.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #41
kg3
Guru

Dr. Drib, they are all in my Amazon library and were all definitely free, it was before midnight my time (in California) but was just before 11pm for one post and the other was a little after 11:30pm. I try not to post so late, but sometimes it's either that or not at all and I figure some people may be able to get them before they go to regular price (after around midnight if they are 24 hour ones) and many times they may be free for 2 days or more. They have all been put in ereaderiq and if they have already been free once they may be again and either I or someone else can post them again.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:32 AM   #42
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Face of the Earth at Amazon US

Quote:
Book Description
Publication Date: February 28, 2012
Smallpox was wiped off the face of the Earth more than 30 years ago, but an outbreak on the Navajo reservation in New Mexico has claimed one life, and the disease is spreading. The conclusion that the outbreak is the result of a terrorist attack is official U.S. policy, but the facts don’t add up to terrorism.

Tipped off by a former classmate teaching in Farmington, Sarah Lockford, a young Washington Post reporter, teams up with Jake Overman, a medical researcher from the Centers for Disease Control, to investigate the outbreak.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #43
kg3
Guru

FREE at Amazon US & UK:

--Omnibus of 3 Books Included - Joan Hall Hovey [Mystery/Suspense/Thriller] - Amazon US

--Amazon UK

The 3 books are:

(1) Nowhere to Hide - Joan Hall Hovey (4.5/5 avg. - 38 Reviews @ Amazon)

-This book was published by Zebra in 1993.
-Eppie Winner

(2) Listen to the Shadows - Joan Hall Hovey (4/5 avg. - 35 Reviews @ Amazon)

-This book was published by Zebra in 1991.

(3) Night Corridor - Joan Hall Hovey (4/5 avg.- 59 Reviews @ Amazon)

Quote:
Description:
This Joan Hall Hovey Special Edition contains three of Joan's novels.

NOWHERE TO HIDE:
Raised in an atmosphere of violence and unpredictability, Ellen and Gail Morgan have banded together, survivors of a booze-fertilized battleground, forming a fierce united front against an often cold and uncaring world. When their parents are killed in a car crash, Ellen becomes the mother figure for Gail.

When fifteen years later Gail is brutally raped and murdered in her shabby New York basement apartment, practically on the eve of her big breakthrough as a singer, Ellen is inconsolable. Rage at her younger sister's murder has nearly consumed her. So when her work as a psychologist wins her an appearance on the evening news, Ellen seizes the moment. Staring straight into the camera, she challenges the killer to come out of hiding: "Why don't you come after me? I'll be waiting for you."

Phone calls flood the station, but all leads go nowhere. The police investigation seems doomed to failure. Then it happens: a note, written in red ink, slipped under the windshield wipers of her car, 'YOU'RE IT.' Ellen has stirred the monster in his lair … and the hunter has become the hunted!

NIGHT CORRIDOR:
After nine years in Bayshore mental institution, once called the lunatic asylum, Caroline Hill is finally being released.

There will be no one to meet her. Her parents who brought her here…are dead.

They have found her a room in a rooming house, a job washing dishes in a restaurant. She will do fine, they said. But no one told that women in St. Simeon are already dying at the hands of a vicious predator. One, an actress who lived previously in her building. And others.

LISTEN TO THE SHADOWS:
SOMEONE WAS STALKING HER. NOW HE'S FOUND HER...

When artist Katie Summers emerged from a four-day coma, she remembered all too vividly the horror of that night - the terrifying dead eyes that had stared back at her in the rear view mirror, causing her to crash her car. But nobody believed her. Even the enigmatic and disturbingly attractive psychiatrist, Dr. Jonathan Shea, implied that she had made the whole thing up. Or dreamed it.

Released from the hospital, still weak from her ordeal, Katie took a taxi to her remote farmhouse on Black Lake. Darkness had already fallen. There was only the wind in the trees to greet her...and the cold and empty house.

But the house was not quite empty. Something awaited her, upstairs in her bedroom. Something with cold, dead eyes...

About the Author:
As well as penning Award-winning suspense novels including Night Corridor, Chill Waters, Nowhere To Hide and Listen to the Shadows, Joan Hall Hovey's articles and short stories have appeared in such diverse publications as The Reader, Atlantic Advocate, The Toronto Star, Mystery Scene, True Confessions, Home Life magazine, Seek and various other magazines and newspapers. Her short story, “Dark Reunion” was selected for the Anthology, Investigating Women, published by Simon & Pierre. Joan also tutors with Winghill Writing School and is a Voice Over pro, narrating books and scripts. She lives in New Brunswick, Canada with her husband Mel and dog, Scamp. She is currently working on her latest suspense novel.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #44
kg3
Guru

FREE at Amazon US & UK:

-Bloodlinks (The Garreth Mikaelian Detective Series #2) - Lee Killough [Paranormal/Police Procedural] - Amazon US

-Amazon UK

- Originally published by Tor in 1988

-Author has been published by Daw, Ballantine, Tor, Del Rey, etc.

-This book was included in the 3 book omnibus previously posted another day.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #45
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
re: Lee Killough/ Bloodlinks

Quote:
FREE at Amazon US & UK:

-Bloodlinks (The Garreth Mikaelian Detective Series #2) - Lee Killough [Paranormal/Police Procedural] - Amazon US

-Amazon UK

-This book was included in the 3 book omnibus previously posted another day.
Thanks for pointing this one out, kg3! I missed the omnibus, but had the other 2 from previous giveaways, so I'm pleased to have the missing one. I read all of these years ago, enjoyed them all.
KentE
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote