Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #61
FallingOver
FallingOver began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Hi uBoot
Firstly, thanks for your efforts in creating the various recovery bits and pieces. I was wondering, however, if you could give me some advice.
First off, I'm only on the 1.0.03 firmware.
My device drains itself of battery after a few hours so I'm thinking that its trying to do something in the background and failing to do so.
The device also fails to shut down properly, the only way to shut it down is start the shutdown sequence and then press the power button to put it into standby mode after around 30 seconds. Once in Standby mode, the shutdown completes.
I can't do a firmware update, this requires a reboot of the device and it never completes the shutdown portion of the update.
So far, I have tried a hard reset and despite being on an earlier 1.03 firmware, I tried your two recovery files. For the second one, it ran for well over 2 hours and the yellow blinking SD card reader light kept blinking; and so I just hit the restart button since you mentioned that it should only run for an hour at most.

Any suggestions of what I can try? I would be really grateful!
FallingOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #62
bolekro
bolekro began at the beginning.

Hi uboot,

I used your sd Recovery for 1.04 firmware but turns out I had 1.05. Now each time I try to connect via USB to PC or power adapter the reader freezes so it is impossible to charge it and upload books via usb.

I've tried factory reset but it didn't change anything.

Do you have sd recovery for firmware 1.05 that I could use or would you recommend doing something else to solve this issue?
bolekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #63
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
bolekro

You can try to run the recovery from:
amutin at the-ebook.org

BTW Welcome at MR

[Edit] there is also a package from porkupan/boroda
see here
[/Edit]

Last edited by Mark Nord; 12-06-2012 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Addes Link to porkupan/boroda package
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #64
bolekro
bolekro began at the beginning.

Thanks Mark Nord,

Recovery from amutin didn't work, however after porkupan's/boroda's restore-set-1.0.05.11130-us reader is finally working correctly- charging and communicating with PC.

Thanks a lot!
bolekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #65
DzordanoBruno
DzordanoBruno began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Hi,
i download restore-set-1.0.05.11130-us for my Reader. When i want install this FW. How i install this rescue? THX
DzordanoBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2012, 02:56 AM   #66
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
DzordanoBruno
What's about reading first post of this thread?

or here - original thread at the-ebook.org
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:39 AM   #67
DzordanoBruno
DzordanoBruno began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
DzordanoBruno
What's about reading first post of this thread?

or here - original thread at the-ebook.org
THX
DzordanoBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:22 AM   #68
salomon
salomon began at the beginning.

Device: none
1.04 sd recovery don't work on PRS-t1 version Japan. Help me recovery my ebook!
salomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #69
darseno
Connoisseur
darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-500
I can't seem to access this:

https://dev.mobileread.com/dist/uboo...04_porkupan.7z

DNS lookup fails.
darseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:41 AM   #70
armlabs
armlabs began at the beginning.

Device: prs t1
Unhappy

yes i cannot download it neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darseno View Post
I can't seem to access this:

https://dev.mobileread.com/dist/uboo...04_porkupan.7z

DNS lookup fails.
armlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:51 AM   #71
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The mobileread dev server has been closed down.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:18 AM   #72
darseno
Connoisseur
darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-500
And of course all the files were lost?
darseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #73
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by darseno View Post
And of course all the files were lost?
No, see post #63 above this one.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:22 AM   #74
Mterry
Enthusiast
Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS T1; Kindle T3G
Hello! My PRS T1 doesn't answer. It tries to switch on, but it arrives at the end of "opening book" and it stops there. Before that, I used the restore set 1.0.05.11130 and I formatted the sd card, I operated also the factory reset because something was wrong. The last Rupor root was installed since one year ago, but the device was full of others programs and it worked slowly. In the last time, also, all my books were shown twice (even if only one copy of each book was there). Now I cannot remember the exact procedure I did, because I had to leave and I stopped everything there. everything was good. My ebook reader was empty but worked. Later then I installed again the last Rupor AMR 1.0.05.11130. Now I have this problem. I tried many times to reset it, but it continues in the same way. And the PC doen't recognise it. Can you help me?
Thank you
I attach the file script there is in the sd card
Attached Files
File Type: txt script.txt (669 Bytes, 602 views)
Mterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:06 AM   #75
Mterry
Enthusiast
Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS T1; Kindle T3G
My T1 is alive! I have solved the problem, looking for the solution up and there. I inserted the directory OS FIRMWARE of the restore-set 1.0.05.11130-us in the sd card and I followed, more or less, the instructions 3.12 of the Rooting and tweaks PRST1 forum. Now I have to root it again.
Bye
Mterry is offline   Reply With Quote