Notices

Old 11-13-2011, 02:29 PM   #1
Nightstalker
Nightstalker began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Strange gaps in pages

Hi all,
I have this ereader,bought it off ebay.

The problem im having is that in every book I try to read on it there are huge gaps of nothing every couple of pages which never appear in Calibre or when I read the same books on my laptop.

A typical page would look like this for example:

There would be a sentence here and then

A huge gapI just dont know why this happens or how to fix it.Anyone had this problem?
My reader used EPUB or Mobi.

Thanks

Last edited by pdurrant; 11-14-2011 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Unrelated URL
Nightstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:33 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
What reading kit is included on the device? A form of ADE or native? It could be that the reader cannot handle @page and line-height in the CSS. I know iBooks has also issues with it.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 04:02 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
What reading kit is included on the device? A form of ADE or native? It could be that the reader cannot handle @page and line-height in the CSS. I know iBooks has also issues with it.
I'm sorry if I'm taking the thread off topic, but could you please give more information about the difficulties iBooks has with @page and line-height?

Or even more important, could you please give a reference where iBooks problems are discussed?
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:54 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Do the gaps appear in very long paragraphs?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:24 PM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I'm sorry if I'm taking the thread off topic, but could you please give more information about the difficulties iBooks has with @page and line-height?

Or even more important, could you please give a reference where iBooks problems are discussed?
I was mistaken, it was not @page and line-height, but @page and height. One reference of this issue is in this thread.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert