Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
caddofl
caddofl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Slow Travels from Caddo Publications USA

Caddo Publications USA would like to offer our new historic travel guide series, Slow Travels. Each book in the series retraces the routes of 4-5 highways within a state, detailing the historic information available along each route. Based on the American Guide Series published in the late 1930's and early 1940's, these books examine current popular historic sites as well as the many lesser known facts and legends which lie in between them. Presently we hope to have a new guide available for sale each week. We also have many individual route guides available.

Slow Travels--Arkansas
PDF guides are for sale from Lulu Press, Kindle versions from Amazon

Slow Travels--Florida

Caddo Publications USA is a not for profit organization which contributes 10% of all net sales, and $1 from each Slow Travels purchase, to the American Trails Preservation Trust. More information is available at www.americanautotrails.com.

Please provide any feedback directly to caddopubusa@cs.com. Thank you.

Last edited by caddofl; 07-17-2009 at 10:17 AM. Reason: UPDATE
caddofl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:14 PM   #2
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I moved this from the Writer's corner to Deals, Freebies, and Resources because that's where it fits better.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
caddofl

Update to thread:

Slow Travels--Florida is now available for Kindle and for PDF download from http://www.lulu.com/content/paperbac...lorida/7384025Lulu Press.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddofl View Post
Caddo Publications USA would like to offer a free copy of the first book in our new historic travel guide series, Slow Travels.
Neither shows up as free on Lulu.com.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:31 AM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Is it full of pics or something? Otherwise, why only Kindle and PDF? I have bought pbooks of scenic drives and stuff before, so this is certainly something I would love.

Once, we stayed overnight in a hotel where a motorcycle club was staying. It was in Mississippi, and the club was following the same Natchez Trace book that we were following. It was fun to all meet up for dinner and breakfast along the way. Oh! And I forgot, it was during a hurricane, so they were riding in the rain but we were dry in the car. HA! Eventually we worked our way out of it as the Trace went north.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2009, 11:27 AM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pking36330 View Post
Neither shows up as free on Lulu.com.
Not free on Amazon either.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:44 PM   #7
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Caddo Publications USA would like to offer a free copy of the first book in our new historic travel guide series, Slow Travels.

Slow Travels--Arkansas

Slow Travels--Florida
PDF guides are for sale from Lulu Press, Kindle versions from Amazon.
Where does one get the free book mentioned in the beginning of this post?
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:45 PM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I downloaded the free one when it was first posted, but I don't have the link I used.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:06 PM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I downloaded the free one when it was first posted, but I don't have the link I used.
Did you get it in Kindle? The blurb above says it has a lot of photos, so I'm wondering how that translated to an ebook reader?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #10
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
The link was only good thru July 11 (I still had it open in a tab, this morning). The PDF has been removed from their web site, as well as the original message has been changed.

They sell a lot of "one-highway" guides, it seems, which is what their pricing guarantees seem to be about (these two are $6 and $7, on either platform or much higher as a paperback).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:55 PM   #11
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
OK -- I'm sorry that I missed the free book, but I'm glad I heard about these guys. Hubby and I usually take driving vacations and I'm usually clamoring to get off the Interstate and onto more back roads, so having specific destinations would make it easier to plan such a trip.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:14 AM   #12
caddofl

Quote:
Update to thread:

Slow Travels--Florida is now available for Kindle and for PDF download from http://www.lulu.com/content/paperbac...lorida/7384025Lulu Press.
The Arkansas guide was available from the link in the thread, but the link was only available until 7/11/09.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:20 AM   #13
caddofl

Slow Travels-Tennessee is also now available for the Amazon Kindle and at Lulu.com.

Thank you to all who have visited or purchased. We will be adding 1 new guide each week. California and Louisiana are currently in development.