Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #2806
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool No problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
You know, I even looked to see if you had, but I missed it. Sorry.
No problem and no apology necessary!! But Jim seems to have just negated it all with this:
Quote:
to Toxaris for pointing it out.

Librarian of Trivia - Emeritus

Last edited by alansplace; 11-15-2013 at 02:17 PM. Reason: add info...
alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #2807
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
[PRIVATE--IOC-MEMBER-EYES-ONLY]
[PUBLIC KEY=HOPEFULHARRY/]
[STREAM: DECRYPT]

So what does this mean for the holy countdown?
[/STREAM: DECRYPT]
[/PRIVATE--IOC-MEMBER-EYES-ONLY]
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #2808
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post

So what does this mean for the holy countdown?
Well, I reckon we'll just have to adjust it. As much as I hate to admit it, if he's still writing the damn thing, it 'aint a gonna be released in less than a month!

I suggest changing it to Jan 16, 2014 now and getting used to the new timeline. Hopefully there won't be too many "I told you so's".
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #2809
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post

Well, I reckon we'll just have to adjust it. As much as I hate to admit it, if he's still writing the damn thing, it 'aint a gonna be released in less than a month!

I suggest changing it to Jan 16, 2014 now and getting used to the new timeline. Hopefully there won't be too many "I told you so's".

Well, you never know.

There had better be no "I told you so's" we were VERY clear why we are doing this.

P.S. Please encrypt all sensitive info as IOC-MEMBER-EYES-ONLY, using our public key. I have protected my quote of your post, so I have done my part.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #2810
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I told you so...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #2811
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post

Quote:
P.S. Please encrypt all sensitive info as IOC-MEMBER-EYES-ONLY, using our public key. I have protected my quote of your post, so I have done my part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I told you so...
Failure to adhere to sound security protocol has led to..., well, exactly what you can expect would happen. We do NOT give fodder to the enemy. Internal division is just asking for the barbarians to come knocking at the doors! NOW how do we get rid of them?

Self-doubt is not the mark of a true Irrational Optimist! This is a serious infraction of the rules!

Lea, Nyssa, the Hellhounds!!

(BECKONS)

Fluffy, Sprinkles, Marmalade, Fred! Sic 'em!

(SCREAMING)
Old 11-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #2812
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Failure to adhere to sound security protocol has led to..., well, exactly what you can expect would happen. We do NOT give fodder to the enemy.
The penguins are not the enemy.

(Add that to the list of phrases I never anticipated having a use for.)
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #2813
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've got a serious case of the circus theme song stuck in my head right now!
Old 11-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #2814
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I just wanted to take a moment to point out... the dictionary.

Irrational Optimists - those who hope for a result despite all evidence to the contrary.

Ie, we KNEW we were probably wrong.

I also would like to point out that the IOC is an INclusive organization. All Dresden fans are welcome, whether human or penguin. Any statements to the contrary should not be taken as official.

And though it may be wrapped up in comedic gold, I'm quite serious about that last part. Let's all try to ensure that our joking around doesn't turn into anything resembling attacks on other members.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #2815
AlbertaCowboy
Guru

The only real enemies are the Nickelheads.
And the Black Council.
Um and various denizens of the Nevernever.
And vamps.
Uh hmmmm. This could be quite the list.

Let's just keep it a positive atmosphere here.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #2816
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
*Sigh*

As Supreme, Lady, Madame President of this thread, I say ENOUGH!!

Any and all discussion or references, past or present, about the release date of Skin Games is now suspended until I say otherwise.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:44 PM   #2817
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
Well, I've finished my re-read this morning, checked in here and what do I see? 2 months exactly to release. Grrrrr.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:23 AM   #2818
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool ...another Jim Butcher tweet

Librarian of Trivia - Emeritus
Old 11-16-2013, 01:00 AM   #2819
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Jim Butcher quotes...

.................Click image for larger version

Name:	Jim3.png
Views:	170
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	115256
A Sidhe lady with deep indigo blue
hair had sidled up to Miss Electrical
Tape, and the two slid their arms
around each other, both staring at
me. Something inside me—and I’d
be lying if I said that none of it was
mine—let out a primal snarl and
advised me to drag both of them
back to my cave by the hair and do
whatever I damned well pleased
with them. It was an enormously
powerful impulse, something that
made me begin to shift my balance,
to take a step toward them. I
arrested the motion and closed my
eyes.

“Yeah,” I said. “Yeah, they look great,
but that isn’t a fantasy come true,
Harry. That’s a wood chipper in Playboy
bunny clothing.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days

Librarian of Trivia, Emeritus
Old 11-16-2013, 02:34 AM   #2820
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
A bikini is like a barbed wire fence. Protects the property but doesn't obstruct the view.
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy